Rye Field Models 1/35 Volkswagen Type 82E Staff Car

meirion658

SMF Supporter
First Name
Meirion
Afternoon All looking at having a go at the above as it looks like a fun build. Downloaded the instructions and there is no mention of colour. Scalemates suggest RAL 7021 which is a very dark black grey colour nothing like the box art which I prefer !!

Anyone out there done this build and can suggest a colour ?

Cheers

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Hi,
Just looked up the box art,and yes, it's a much lighter grey for sure,(although box art itself isn't a perfect source of info), I've also seen these in the dark yellow/green/red brown camo scheme.... which looks pretty good imho. :smiling3:

meirion658

SMF Supporter
First Name
Meirion
N
Hi,
Just looked up the box art,and yes, it's a much lighter grey for sure,(although box art itself isn't a perfect source of info), I've also seen these in the dark yellow/green/red brown camo scheme.... which looks pretty good imho. :smiling3:
I just might have to stick with the genuine colour and try an highlight some areas ... something to consider

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Hi Meirion,

German vehicles up to mid 1943 were painted in dark grey and then afterwards in dark yellow, with or without camo. The RAL 7021 does look dark in color, but there are variations to all color mixes at that time. I don't know what brand paints you are using, so I can only throw out some suggestions for you...

Tamiya XF-63, Vallejo Model Air 71.308 or 71.115, AK 3rd Gen 11022 or 11023 and Humbrol 32 or 67. There are others, including modulation sets for German grey out there too. Hope this helps a bit and have fun!

Prost
Allen

meirion658

SMF Supporter
First Name
Meirion
Hi Meirion,

German vehicles up to mid 1943 were painted in dark grey and then afterwards in dark yellow, with or without camo. The RAL 7021 does look dark in color, but there are variations to all color mixes at that time. I don't know what brand paints you are using, so I can only throw out some suggestions for you...

Tamiya XF-63, Vallejo Model Air 71.308 or 71.115, AK 3rd Gen 11022 or 11023 and Humbrol 32 or 67. There are others, including modulation sets for German grey out there too. Hope this helps a bit and have fun!

Prost
Allen
Thank you Allen I appreciate it. I tend to use AK 3rd Gen

Last edited: