S.A.S Counter-Terrorism in England Dio

S

scoonesy

\ said:
Thats coming along nicely - I like the kerb, you've got some nice uneveness there, just like the real thing :smiling3: Nice ground clutter in the woodland, don't forget dried herbs from the kitchen or a ground up old dry leaf to add leaf litter. Watch for the stones however, at this scale stones of that size would tend to be embeded in the earth, not sitting on top of it (because they'd be rocks, not stones!)Edit: just noticed the "badly" over-painted white lines in the middle of the road - great stuff :D
Thanks xD the road markings and poorly made pavements are based on the ones on my road, i swear when they painted the white lines they just got a badger, dipped it in paint and slapped it on the road over and over again whilst smashing the pavement with a giant mallet.

A

andygh

Looking good. How about some broken pipes or electrical service cables in the bomb hole

S

scoonesy

Hey, quick update. Just ordered four sas figures and four insurgent figures off netmerchants, should be arriving in a couple of days and pics will be up shortly :smiling3: and andygh thats quite a good idea, ill think about what i could do to make those effects.

S

scoonesy

Here we go, finished painting all the figures. Here are some pictures of them. There are 4 sas figures, 3 insurgent figures and 1 civillian. The civilian is a hostage btw. I might get some more insurgents in the future.

First Name
Drew
Looking good.

Couple of quick questions about the SAS guys though.

Is one of them holding a Spas 12 shotgun?

Do you get any extra weapons/bits with them? I was thinking of getting them myself (just because I've been looking for different weapons for some guys I have in my stash).

S

scoonesy

\ said:
Looking good.Couple of quick questions about the SAS guys though.

Is one of them holding a Spas 12 shotgun?

Do you get any extra weapons/bits with them? I was thinking of getting them myself (just because I've been looking for different weapons for some guys I have in my stash).
Yeah they come as just the plain figures with clothing on and then of course you stick together head, torso, arms legs, then with them in the kit are knives, pistols, weapons, weapon strap, torches, small backpacks, hammer and magazine/ammo pouches. The main weapons are 3 mp5's and 1 Spas-12. The pistols are all browning holsters. It's a really good kit and I would definitely recommended them.

C

Connoll

Completely right about the WMIKs. these are only used on operation and in active theatre such as afghan and iraq. The SAS would most likely use in this situation Black Range Rovers or The suggestion about the van would be good.

C

Connoll

Also the SAS use the hammer and shot guns for entry. how ever the Spas is not a weapon of there choice. if you check this link out SAS Weapons | Special Air Service this has all the weapons of choice the SAS use.

also have a look at videos on youtube which are actually made by reg and ex SAS members. these will help you alot.

S

scoonesy

Sorry I haven't done any updates for a long time because I went off the project firstly through lack of money secondly because of Gcse's. I've done a lot to the project since then, the forest area is almost done, the road is fixed, the driveway and car is done and the house is almost completed just a few more brickwork and weathering to do. Ill post pictures as soon as the house is done!

C

CDW

You have to get the old priorities right matey, education is top 'o' the list for setting you up for the future.

Anyway, looking forward to seeing what you've done with all this lot :smiling3:

S

scoonesy

View attachment 46932View attachment 46933View attachment 46935View attachment 46938View attachment 46939View attachment 46940View attachment 46941View attachment 46942View attachment 46943I've finally uploaded photos of my developments in the project. I've added a house that I built, the majority of the forest and the driveway. I also painted over the lines in the road because I worked out in real life a road this narrow would not have two lanes but because I mixed colours for the original road, I've struggled to replicate the same colour but I will fix that later. I hope you like what I've done and any advice will be appreciated. By the way, the figures are not in their final positions, I just put them where they would stand up but the terrorist hiding on the roof and by the wall will stay there.

View attachment 49918

View attachment 49919

View attachment 49921

View attachment 49924

View attachment 49925

View attachment 49926

View attachment 49927

View attachment 49928

View attachment 49929

IMG_0408[2].jpg

IMG_0409[1].jpg

IMG_0410[1].jpg

IMG_0412[1].jpg

IMG_0413[1].jpg

IMG_0414[2].jpg

IMG_0416[1].jpg

IMG_0417[1].jpg

IMG_0418[1].jpg

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Scoonesy, nice to see this up and running again and I wish you well with your exams and the results thereof!

This diorama is really good. I do like plenty of muck and dust. The house and road are very well done. As to trying to hide the white lines and colour match, I wouldn't be too fussy...Perhaps just try and obliterate the faded white lines a bit more, but I would leave the road in 'Patches' just as it is.

Good job.

Cheers,

Ron