Saaf s-55

T

T. van Vuuren

Here is my 1/72 Italeri S_55 (H-19b)

It will be very simple build, just for fun (for a change LOL!)

It will be in SAAF silver and dayglow sceeme

Theuns

View attachment 53524

models 102.jpg

C

CDW

silver or red .... it'll look the business when you're done with it no doubt.

T

T. van Vuuren

It seems that the orange has cured overnight, I will leave it in the sun today just to be sure then start with the masking. It will be particularly difficult as this heli has allot or raised detail and I fear the masking might lift over it letting the silver bleed.

Theuns

T

T. van Vuuren

Well, most of the tedious masking has been done and hopefully the silver will go on today. Just hope the masking was a success over all the bumps and lumps!

Theuns

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Looking great theuns , not an easy colour dayglo orange / red , but youve cracked it . cheers tony

T

T. van Vuuren

Tony, I must say that I have not really had any hassles with Humbrol 209 dayglow, you just need to spray it over a white base and do a few thin coats.

I thin it with turps and spray at normal pressure.

Theuns

C

CDW

My post should have read "silver on red ?" but the phone spell-checker screwed up.

I would have assumed the silver would be "first coat"

Anyway Theuns, i should be ignored cos the silvers gone down very well, i was expecting a red tinge coming through as the coats are only thin to keep detail etc.

I'll shut up now ....................... :smiling3: :smiling3:

T

T. van Vuuren

Tony, what I found strange about the Tamiya silver enamel was that although it covered well with ony abiut 3 light coats, it wasn't "hard" like I am use to. In places where I handeled the model I managed to rubb off some of the silver to expose orange. I had to re-touch these areas.

Maybe this paint has gone old as it was the very last bit in the bottle.

Atleast the future satin has cured nicely and I am now busy with the last few details.

Theuns

saguy

A true Leeds Utd fan ............
SMF Supporter
First Name
lindsey
very nice theuns .. i see that it is actually "flying" over the Kruger national park ..... good build... cheers lindsey

T

T. van Vuuren

Howzit Lindsey? Yes I figured a map of the LASS area would be something different.

Theuns

M

mobear

Theuns thats great mate,lovely paint job,and that map is awesome for a back drop

mobear