SAM 2 missile & trailer: Trumpeter 1/35

First Name
Mike
Really enjoyed building/painting this one. A lot of ejection-pin holes and seams to clean up but great fun.

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
That Mike is one truly stunning job. Sheer class, and no mistake.

From the squeeky clean missile to the battered truck it just oozes quality.

Very well done, big 5 for sure.

Cheers,

Ron

geegad

Can't cheat fate..
First Name
John
Is that a model or the real thing you have done an amazing job there I would never what to stop starring at it if I had built it top marks really

John

john

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
First Name
John
Absolutely brilliant, the detail is amazing, I like the windscreen wipers clearing the dust

D

dm73

Mike, that is an awesome looking truck, love the weathering. Do you have any photos of the build and how you did the paint effects?

First Name
Mike
Thanks so much for the kind replies. Darren, unfortunately I didn't photograph any of the build, I just got stuck into it and got carried away; guess that's a sign that it was a fun project :smiling3:

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
First class work Mike. That really looks the part. Those tyres look fantastic too.

As Spanner said the contrast between the squeaky clean SAM and the well used transport really sets it of nicely.

Love It

Ian M

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Hi Mike

This is another familiar looking model to me. Has this been featured in a mag? Just done a quick Google search and I notice it's featured on quite a few other sites too. Still a great model though...

Excellent paint job and weathering

Cheers

Paul

B

Bill's Bunker

Hi,

I can only add what's already been said, I really like the paint chipping and wear, how did you do that, it's something I yet have to try.. Salt or latex or something else?? And as a keen photographer, well done. The contrast between the bright new missile and the well abused truck, yes "I'll give it 5" too.

Regards

Mel.