Scotties completed Miniart D7

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Not sure if this is the right place for it, but as it is in civilian colours. I pride myself of being a fairly competent modeller but this had be turning the air blue on more than one occasion. I would in hind sight leave off all the levers until they are protected by the cab roof. Given all the swearing if you have the patience this does build into a nicely detailed kit, although I would recommend buying the after market Fruli tracks as the kit ones are a real pain. The one thing I found that really let the kit down was the cable for the winch. I found it impossible to run the thread around the pully blocks even though the pully's were free to rotate. I ended up cutting the thread and fixing it in the separate run lengths. If I was going to build another one I would look out for some stiff thread to make things easier.
I wanted a lived in look but not covered in mud. I will

I wanted a lived in look but not covered in mud. Any way enough rabbiting I present my take on the Miniart D7 bulldozer.
Apologies a bit picture heavy.

DSCF3464.JPG

DSCF3465.JPG

DSCF3466.JPG

DSCF3467.JPG

DSCF3468.JPG

DSCF3469.JPG

DSCF3471.JPG

DSCF3470.JPG

DSCF3472.JPG

cheers
Scottie

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Scottie
I really like that. A difficult kit, certainly not for beginners or the faint hearted. The weathering looks right to me. A few manufacturers do kits of these bulldozer types and I think they all need skill and patience.
Well done.
Jim

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Up to your normal high standard Paul. Think it looks good, not over done either on the weathering. Those tracks look ok , and yes agree that the Fruil would be nice, but they certainly bump the cost up .I think they would probable be ok on any manufacture's cat as they all appear to have the identical track system and drive.

download THE DOGS.jpg
Congratulations.

Mickc1440

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mick
Wow Scottie so glad you didn't let this get the better of you. I have to agree with JR it really is the dogs

Reactions: JR

Mark1

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mark
Very nicely done, I think you've got its hard working life just right.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
That really is very well made and painted, a used but not abused look.
The chipping is excellent.

First Name
Andy
Cracking job there Scottie, I had a similar problem with my Mirror Models dozer so I just used a thinner bit of thread, no one but an anorak would notice.

Andy.

• Haha

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Absolutely superb paul , the wear on the paintwork and general well used look is totally realistic. The tracks may have been a pain but I doubt the Fruil ones could look better than yours . To me this is
a perfect build , i love it , cheers tony

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
You have definitely done it again Buddy!!!.....You may not be happy with it, BUT, everyone here is lovin' it to death!!! BTW, did you use Friuls or the kit tracks??? This is gonna be a tough act to follow with your next build Paul........................

Prost
Allen

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Hi Scottie
I really like that. A difficult kit, certainly not for beginners or the faint hearted. The weathering looks right to me. A few manufacturers do kits of these bulldozer types and I think they all need skill and patience.
Well done.
Jim
Jim, some modelling experience will definitely be needed. It is a pity because if this was the first Miniart kit someone built it could put them of the brand for good.

Up to your normal high standard Paul. Think it looks good, not over done either on the weathering. Those tracks look ok , and yes agree that the Fruil would be nice, but they certainly bump the cost up .I think they would probable be ok on any manufacture's cat as they all appear to have the identical track system and drive.

View attachment 457969
Congratulations.
Thanks John please pass my thanks on to the committee. The fruli's were worth it the cost saved my sanity.

Wow Scottie so glad you didn't let this get the better of you. I have to agree with JR it really is the dogs
Mick, Thanks mate, so am I, I think it was worth it in the end.

Very nicely done, I think you've got its hard working life just right.
Cheers Mark, I never know when to stop.

That really is very well made and painted, a used but not abused look.
The chipping is excellent.
Ian, thanks mate glad you like it.

Cracking job there Scottie, I had a similar problem with my Mirror Models dozer so I just used a thinner bit of thread, no one but an anorak would notice.

Andy.
Cheers Andy, I did think about using some thin cotton to pull the thread through but changed my mind as I think I would have had the same problem trying to get it to return from behind the pully.

Absolutely superb paul , the wear on the paintwork and general well used look is totally realistic. The tracks may have been a pain but I doubt the Fruil ones could look better than yours . To me this is
a perfect build , i love it , cheers tony
Tony, thank you very much indeed mate for the high praise.

That's turned out really well Scottie.

Nick
Nick, thanks mate.

OMG that's totally stunning, Paul!
Neil, thank you mate that is very kind of you to say.

Excellent Paul!
Pete
Thanks Pete, glad you like it.
You have definitely done it again Buddy!!!.....You may not be happy with it, BUT, everyone here is lovin' it to death!!! BTW, did you use Friuls or the kit tracks??? This is gonna be a tough act to follow with your next build Paul........................

Prost
Allen
Hi Dude, glad you can't see me blushing here. I am really happy it has gone down with the good people on here. I did go for the fruils in the end I think they were worth the extra expense.

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
Absolutely wonderful Scottie :smiling4:

Its a tricky build but you’ve certainly done it justice sir :thumb2:

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Deffo the Dog's Doodahs!!! You have a very respectable rendition of the D7 Cat there Scottie..........she looks pretty "real" to these eyes. :thumb2:

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
Another great model, and finally someone built one where all the chipped paint is actually realistic :smiling3:

JayCee

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Very nice, Paul. The finish you have achieved is excellent. Very realistic.
John.

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Deffo the Dog's Doodahs!!! You have a very respectable rendition of the D7 Cat there Scottie..........she looks pretty "real" to these eyes. :thumb2:
Rick, thanks mate glad you like it.

Another great model, and finally someone built one where all the chipped paint is actually realistic :smiling3:
Cheers Jakko, cheers mate glad you approve.

Very nice, Paul. The finish you have achieved is excellent. Very realistic.
John.
John, thanks very kind of you to say.