Scotties GMC CCKW 352 1/35

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
This was probably the trickiest part of the build so far. Replacing the kit headlight guards which like in most kits are far to thick. The centre grill was removed then the outer rail was added from plastic sheet cut to the correct width. and glued to wings to get the correct shape. Next 0.3mm copper wire was added to construct the grills.

DSCF3940.JPG

Finally some rivets were added .

The clear lenses for the lamps will be added when it has all been painted.

cheers
Scottie

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
I have built the .50 calibre using a detail set that I had with a few scratched parts as well.

DSCF3943.JPG

The mud guards and stays were also replaced using brass sheet, the detail was added using a kit one to form the shape. Rivet details were then added.

DSCF3942.JPG

One of my reference pictures showed a wheel chock stored on the front left mud guard but it may have been a local thing as There was only one picture.

DSCF3941.JPG

The frame for the MG mount was next it is as the kit with the exception of the Ammo box storage which as the kit one was very thick, was again made from brass sheet and pewter straps.

DSCF3944.JPG

cheers
Scottie

Andy T

It's all in the wrist
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Your detail work never seases to amaze me.

Reactions: JR

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
Your builds are a true pleasure to view Scottie, never a misplaced drop of glue or a wonky bracket in sight :cool: :thumb2:

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
And just when you thought I wasn't following this build Bro!!!.......I'm back and of course loving every rivet of your work Paul.......And here I was thinking you were finally going to build a vehicle OOB. There's always hope for the next one!!! Come on Buddy, bring on some more magic, before we come and steal all your scratchy materials and tools............

Prost
Allen

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Somehow I've managed to miss this completely?!!:flushed:
Just read it right through and loved every update, I'm not surprised by your improvements on a build any more..... but I AM always blown away by them:cool:.
I have always had a real liking for the U.S. WW2 trucks and half tracks, not done one of this type yet mind.... It's looking fantastic mate, loving it :thumb2:.

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Your builds are a true pleasure to view Scottie, never a misplaced drop of glue or a wonky bracket in sight :cool: :thumb2:
Thank you Si, very kind of you.
And just when you thought I wasn't following this build Bro!!!.......I'm back and of course loving every rivet of your work Paul.......And here I was thinking you were finally going to build a vehicle OOB. There's always hope for the next one!!! Come on Buddy, bring on some more magic, before we come and steal all your scratchy materials and tools............

Prost
Allen
Hi Dude,
It was meant to be OOB honest I just got carried away lol.
Somehow I've managed to miss this completely?!!:flushed:
Just read it right through and loved every update, I'm not surprised by your improvements on a build any more..... but I AM always blown away by them:cool:.
I have always had a real liking for the U.S. WW2 trucks and half tracks, not done one of this type yet mind.... It's looking fantastic mate, loving it :thumb2:.
Andy,
No worries, it is very hard to keep up with all the great builds going on. Glad your here and you like what you see.