Scotties panzer lll

RonGlass

SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Terrific progress on this since I last dropped in......those old bags of sand really look the part. Speaking of "old bags", I'm told it's the method that Matron uses to apply the cream, 'ats what has people talking.........a little "tongue" in cheek for ya! :tongue-out3: ;)
Well, leave it to Rick to sink this conversation to yet an even lower, darker depth of morality :tongue-out2:

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Don't know nuttin' about morals, but Paul, that is one mighty fine looking Pz. III!!! Love the old sand bags and they look like if you touch them, you'll get your hands dirty. Fantastic work all around Sir!!!

Prost
Allen

PS, I call you Sir because you are of age now Buddy..............

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Well, leave it to Rick to sink this conversation to yet an even lower, darker depth of morality :tongue-out2:
Ron, it's probably better if you ignore them and stay pure ;) :smiling:

Don't know nuttin' about morals, but Paul, that is one mighty fine looking Pz. III!!! Love the old sand bags and they look like if you touch them, you'll get your hands dirty. Fantastic work all around Sir!!!

Prost
Allen

PS, I call you Sir because you are of age now Buddy..............
Cheers Allen, I might add a little bit of sand later to represent a split bag. Thanks for reminding me I'm getting older :smiling::smiling:

Really fine work Paul. Getting better and better by the day.
Cheers Tim, really glad you like it.

Just lovely Scottie.

Nick
Cheers Nick good to see you.

Real quality. Great stuff
Jim
Jim, very kind of you. there was an old sitcom on TV Never mind the quality feel the width or was that the catch phrase.

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
The next stage was to add some chipping and wear and tear, I didn't want a lot just some general effects. This was followed by a flat coat.
DSCF3394.JPG
DSCF3398.JPG
DSCF3393.JPG

Next an accumulation of dirt on the hull. I don't want wet mud just a heavy build up of road dirt. The sprocket teeth were polished with a HB pencil.

DSCF3395.JPG

The suspension seems to be very low in this picture but I will set the ride height when I set it on the base. The tracks will stay off until then as well.

DSCF3397.JPG

cheers
Scottie

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Scottie
Brilliant. Even on the big screen of my desktop computer it looks superb.
The accumulated dirt. Pigments?? How are they fixed?? I ask because it looks really natural.
Jim

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Hi Scottie
Brilliant. Even on the big screen of my desktop computer it looks superb.
The accumulated dirt. Pigments?? How are they fixed?? I ask because it looks really natural.
Jim
Jim, thank you mate. The way I do it is to apply Tamyia X20A to where I want the dirt and then tapping a large flat brush loaded with pigment to dust the area. The deeper you want the dirt the wetter you make the area and the more pigments are used. Does that make sense?

Last edited:

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Okay! I give up. Whats the black circle on the front mudguard please?? Certainly never seen a divisional marking like that before:nerd::nerd::smiling2:;):cool::thumb2:

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Okay! I give up. Whats the black circle on the front mudguard please?? Certainly never seen a divisional marking like that before:nerd::nerd::smiling2:;):cool::thumb2:
Pass mate it was on the decal sheet there is one on the rear hull as well. The trouble is the instructions give four versions in the paint guide but it doesn't give any info as to unit or location.