Scotties Pinky

Andy the Sheep

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrea
Glad to see you binned the idea of binning your build, Paul. :thumb2:
For the future, if you really want to bin something you are building, I'll lend you my bin! :tongue-out3:
A well deserved Simon T scratchery award. :cool:

Andrea

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
That shackle is WOW, the fact that you have the screw in it as well is insane ! :surprised:
Thank you John very kind of you mate.
That shackle..... Simply stunning....
Cheers Andrew they are quite easy to make.

Take a suitable length of correct diameter soldering wire. Fold around a suitable drill to give the curved end. Cut the shackle to the desired length. Using some smooth flat pliers crimp the ends so that they form the flats. Next file the flats so they are round. Carefully drill through the centres of each flat. Next take some wire the same diameter as the drilled holes, flatten one end in the same way as the flats on the shackle. Again radius the end. Drill a hole. Finally cut to length.

That's it, I'm taking up knitting!!
Ha ha Garry, there is no need to do that.

Garry , I've found just the thing.
View attachment 478807
Off to get some knitting started, those tracks will be a lot easier .

Apologies Paul intruding @scottie3158
I want a pair of slippers like that.

JayCee

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
I agree with John and Neil. You are a worthy successor to Mr T. :thumb2: .
John.

Reactions: JR

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Duh, of COURSE he would!
I agree with John and Neil. You are a worthy successor to Mr T. :thumb2: .
John.
Wow thank you I am genuinely humbled by those comments. I have been thinking since reading these posts about Simon, not only his great modelling skills but his generous spirit he is missed.

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
At last I can take the sunglasses off.

I have done some pre shading ready for the top coat.

DSCF3747.JPG

to go with the shackle I have made a tow rope.

DSCF3748.JPG

The CITB has also received a coat of black, not all the stowage has been used I will see if I want to use more when I start placing it in place.

cheers
Scottie

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Finally, you killed the pink Bro!!!!!! Thank you and I'm sure others feel the same way too!!! Great job and truly a well deserved award from Mr. B... She's starting to look really good and I'm glad you didn't bin it too...Keep on truckin' Paul...

Prost
Allen

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Finally, you killed the pink Bro!!!!!! Thank you and I'm sure others feel the same way too!!! Great job and truly a well deserved award from Mr. B... She's starting to look really good and I'm glad you didn't bin it too...Keep on truckin' Paul...

Prost
Allen
Hi Dude, yes my eyes feel a lot better now. Glad your sticking around with this.

Reactions: JR

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
You know I love your builds, Paul and I ain't going anywhere as long as you keep doing your scratchy magic!!!...

Wookie2486

SMF Supporter
First Name
Martyn
Scottie I have just caught up, some excellent scratchery going.

Marty

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
You know I love your builds, Paul and I ain't going anywhere as long as you keep doing your scratchy magic!!!...
Thank you my friend.
Scottie I have just caught up, some excellent scratchery going.

Marty
Marty, good to see you mate.
Oh it it such a relief to be able to look at this amazing build without sun glasses. That shackle is incredible. More so have read your "how to" :smiling:
Simon would be very happy to see his scratch award go to such a deserving modeller.
Jim, you are to kind mate thank you very much.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
That's better, I can now put me regalar specs back on :nerd: and see all the finery without hurting the old peeps! nicely done on the cable and congrats on the "T" trophy......your hard work and determination to not bin the pink nightmare has paid off handsomely!:thumb2:

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
That's better, I can now put me regalar specs back on :nerd: and see all the finery without hurting the old peeps! nicely done on the cable and congrats on the "T" trophy......your hard work and determination to not bin the pink nightmare has paid off handsomely!:thumb2:
Rick,
That makes two of us mate. I must admit I have never heard of the "T" trophy until John presented it to me.

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Got some Valleyo British desert pink on today. this was then high lighted with the same pink with some white added. Next I need to look into the colours of the stowage.

DSCF3750.JPG

DSCF3751.JPG

Next I will start picking out the details prior to giving it a gloss coat.

cheers
Scottie

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Not sure if they had these in the sixty's, but water was kept in black plastic jerry cans. They differed in shape having one central carrying handle and caps both sides.

water can.jpg

So I have had a go at making my own by modifying normal petrol cans.

DSCF3753.JPG

And finally for today I have painted up the radio set for between the front seats.

DSCF3754.JPG
DSCF3755.JPG
DSCF3756.JPG

cheers
Scottie