Searching inspiration!

P

Polux

Good morning guys and Moni!

Well, it go quite slow...but seems my "mojo" is returning :P

I want to build a big (size...) diorama again :smiling3: :smiling3: :smiling3:

I have a solid idea...in fact was an old idea that I have time ago, a "Where Eagles dares" diorama...

Have you some idea or ancient photos for inspiration, that you want to share? It's not necessary to be a war one!!can be pirates, old factories, trains... :rolleyes:

Thanks

Polux

Ps: will search some material, and I will post as well :smiling3:

D

dubster72

How about one that I've thought about before, but would never get to do ...

The scene from Kelly's Heroes where the Sherman's emerge from the railway tunnel & shoot up the marshalling yard?

That would be big, have railway elements & you're the guy to make it work Polux! ;)

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
if im remembering this right, was that the one with the castle on the mount top ,but only would have a cable car ,

https://www.google.com.au/search?q=where eagles dare&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=1vebU42NGYqikAWn_oHYBw&sqi=2&ved=0CAcQ_AUoAg&biw=1906&bih=945#imgdii=_

i do like the sound of Patricks idea as well, and i do know you like trains, so thats a good one ;)

or Von Ryan,s express were he is running after the train at the end, :rolleyes:

https://www.google.com.au/search?q=von+ryan%27s+express&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=QfqbU_q7Gs3LlAX_6YHoBA&ved=0CAcQ_AUoAg&biw=1906&bih=945

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
"Broadsword to Danny-boy..." Er, I mean Si to Polux...the Where Eagles Dare has loads of inspiration for a dio. The cable cars, Junkers, castle including interior, bus, tavern, mountside etc. One that I thought would be outstanding is the cable car operating room-way beyond my capabilities though.

Si:smiling3:

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Maybe a bit old but what about Rorke's Drift (Zulu), the Alamo or the Waterloo farmhouse?

Gern

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
A good idea but hasn't it been done to death.... there has to be other great film scenes that could be just as good if not better.

For a war base I think the final battle in Private Ryan, where they are fighting to get over and blow up the bridge would be pretty good. Loads of buildings, ruins, armour and figures...

Non-war base...sort of. What about a steam train that had the misfortune to be crossing a bridge at the moment a Typhoon had just blown it up with its rockets. One train going off the bridge into the valley...or crashed into the bottom as a result. Train, bridge, valley, river in the bottom, trees up the banks, you could even work your winter magic with it Polux..

Ian M

P

Polux

\ said:
How about one that I've thought about before, but would never get to do ...The scene from Kelly's Heroes where the Sherman's emerge from the railway tunnel & shoot up the marshalling yard?

That would be big, have railway elements & you're the guy to make it work Polux! ;)
:smiling3: :smiling3: :smiling3:

Yep! funny one ;) I have the Sherman that never I finished ;)

Thanks for your comment

P

Polux

\ said:
Maybe a bit old but what about Rorke's Drift (Zulu), the Alamo or the Waterloo farmhouse?Gern
Very interesting Dave!! :rolleyes:

Thank you very much ;)

P

Polux

\ said:
A good idea but hasn't it been done to death.... there has to be other great film scenes that could be just as good if not better.For a war base I think the final battle in Private Ryan, where they are fighting to get over and blow up the bridge would be pretty good. Loads of buildings, ruins, armour and figures...

Non-war base...sort of. What about a steam train that had the misfortune to be crossing a bridge at the moment a Typhoon had just blown it up with its rockets. One train going off the bridge into the valley...or crashed into the bottom as a result. Train, bridge, valley, river in the bottom, trees up the banks, you could even work your winter magic with it Polux..

Ian M
Oh my God!! never I have seen the Private Ryan ....:oops: sorry :oops:

If you remember, time ago I started the Eagles thread, but I ask you for a delete :P

Mmmm....I must admit I want to build something with snow again ;)

Nice ideas!! Thanks

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
oh nice Polux, and how strange that you do have these bit already,:rolleyes: for Where Eagles dares,

oh you must watch saving Private Ryan, great movie,:rolleyes:

as Ian said the last battle ,would make a great dio, so much happening , I was thinking of doing it as well, but running out of room

Dave, one of Rorke's Drift (Zulu), could also be agood one, have not seen that over done, but maybe wrong

i have seen these DaVinci's, kit but forget what scale there are,

but good luck with ,what you deside on :P :smiling3:

P

Polux

Yep ;)

I'm still looking for ideas...!

How about the "typical" cool room on an "aquatic base", with a pool on the center and a little explorer submarine...?

Is a challenge!! Scratch build the room and the submarine... O_o

T

Tone M

\ said:
Not!!!You must tell it!!! ;)
haha, well, if your sig picture is anything to by, you know abit about anime, and from that I'd guess you'd also know what Steam-Punk is ;)

I'd truly love to see a Steam punk diorama on a DaVinci theme haha :D

D

Deleted member 3568

What about something from starwars or the forbidden planet or silent running all good films. I especially like forbidden planet I am sure you could do something with Robbie the robot.

T

Tone M

\ said:
What about something from starwars or the forbidden planet or silent running all good films. I especially like forbidden planet I am sure you could do something with Robbie the robot.
I like that!

Always liked 'the past's' idea of the future.... Or maybe I'm just odd lol :smiling3:

War of the worlds!!!!