Sheds

Ancientmariner

SMF Supporter
First Name
James
Sealed floor today, not the best job and not that happy with it but at the end of the day it's a shed I guess. It will do.

Fitted trestles today ready to put work top on. Attempted it today but it turns out a 3.5m Oak work top weighs a bit more than I can easily lift on my own. Have it on tomorrow when I have assistance hopefully.

Have decided far end will be modelling area with cupboard for power tools and accessories below bench. Middle section below bench will be 40 inch box and last on closest to door will be dehumidifier and compressor.

Attachments

• IMG_20201128_170703.jpg
    IMG_20201128_170703.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 28

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
James

I am soooooo very jealous......

I hope you enjoy your man cave!

ATB

Andrew

Ancientmariner

SMF Supporter
First Name
James
So a fair bit of progress. Literally just tools to move in now.
Oh and also dig up patio, remove floor boards and ren new cable as the MICC that was there is no good what so ever. Going the whole hog and changing the 40A breaker for a 50A one and running appropriate armour core under the garden for this purpose.
Extension cable is having to do atm so limited on consumers.

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Soooooooooooo jealous

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi James
All the work has paid off. That's a great den. A fine space for modelling and relaxing and the Lancaster might just fit :smiling5:
Jim

Ancientmariner

SMF Supporter
First Name
James
Couldn't possibly comment. 20 quid off eBay I couldnt resist my own beer fridge!
Don't think the Mrs was too happy as it's nicer than our fridge in the kitchen

Attachments

• IMG-20201201-WA0007.jpeg
    IMG-20201201-WA0007.jpeg
    88.6 KB · Views: 26

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
James congratulations, nice job. Can't beat having a nice cave can you.

D

Deleted member 7181

Looking back through your pictures is making me think I should plan mine to be wider. I was going to stick with the existing 8 foot width, just extending the length to 14' to give me more storage space at one end (lugging our camping gear up into the loft is a real pain!)

Decisions decisions :smiling5:

Ancientmariner

SMF Supporter
First Name
James
Looking back through your pictures is making me think I should plan mine to be wider. I was going to stick with the existing 8 foot width, just extending the length to 14' to give me more storage space at one end (lugging our camping gear up into the loft is a real pain!)

Decisions decisions :smiling5:

As big as you can make it! I went for my full base and am glad I did, you'll.only regret it otherwise.
Space soon disappears once things start going in.

D

Deleted member 7181

Ideally, but I have to think about budget lol.

My first plan of a 16x10 building split into a workshop and store area came in at £2.5k just for the basic materials - stud work, OSB, insulation, EPDM roof & cladding :flushed: I'm trying to pare it down and be a little less bombproof, but smaller is definitely cheaper :smiling5:

Reactions: JR

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Andy, does the storage area need all the insulation, OSB etc?
If not, have you thought about building two sheds. One for modelling built at top spec, and one as a lean to off of it for storage only. Decent quality, but without all the bells and whistles..could bring your budget under control.....

Reactions: JR