Shermans, when and where?

F

Fenlander

I have three sherman kits knocking about, one of which is Korea but the other two are the standard M4A3 and the M4A3 (76)W. I thought I might include one in the Normandy stuff but there is no info with the kits as to the period. How do I know when they were in service? Wikipedia has let me down a bit as it just list the types but not the period.

Anyone have any info?

Centurion3RTR

Fossil Raver
First Name
John
I found this for you Graham, have a look at the middle mate. Armorama :: Sherman variants used on June 6th?

Back at the banch, John

F

Fenlander

Bugger, anything other than the M4A3 lol. Never mind, back to the drawing board. Cheers for the info John, appreciated mate

Centurion3RTR

Fossil Raver
First Name
John
LOL, i knew that was coming. I like the drawing board mate, it gives me ideas.

Have fun, John

L

Lancasterb1

\ said:
Bugger, anything other than the M4A3 lol. Never mind, back to the drawing board. Cheers for the info John, appreciated mate
Graham there is a great article on said tank in the February Issue of Miltary Modelling International gives the whole run down of the M4A3

Andy

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
\ said:
LOL, i knew that was coming. I like the drawing board mate, it gives me ideas.Have fun, John
Yes me too, but I just didn't want to upset you Graham!

However, in the true modelling spirit, I'm sure you will overcome this 'Minor inconvenience' lol

Ron