SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
Si,
Looking very nice indeed mate the primer looks very smooth.o
That Mr wotsisname gives a lovely finish but it don’t ‘arf stink! :astonished:
Patio doors wide open for that stuff!

Are you going for the Caunter scheme? Go for the Caunter scheme

Did I mention how much I like the Caunter scheme?
I don’t really know of any schemes that I could use, do you know any;):smiling5:

Last edited:

David Lovell

SMF Supporter
First Name
David
That Mr wotsisname gives a lovely finish but it don’t ‘arf stink! :astonished:
Patio doors wide open for that stuff!

I don’t really know of any schemes that I could use, do you know any;):smiling5:
Cracking job so far Si I've been using mr whats his name aqueous surfacer (acrylic) same as no stink20240121_120329.jpg
Sorry for the pic but as you can see same as dead easy to use. Dave

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
I'll find my seat if you can all move up one please.
Superb job Si as expected, good work mate.

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
Mr. Color needs a lacquer thinner (such as Mr. Levelling Thinner), Mr. Aqueous Color can be thinned with water or alcohol, including things like windscreen wiper fluid

Cue replies saying you should always use the manufacturer’s thinner and nothing else …

David Lovell

SMF Supporter
First Name
David
I’ll have to grab some next time I’m stocking up….what are you thinning with :thinking:
To be safe Si I've been using mr hobby aqueous thinner ,but I've dumped most of my mr hobby lacquer paint like you the dining room table isn't a very family friendly place for it ive been using the mr hobby aqueous paints same excellent finish but no smell ,im pretty sure mr hobby thinners and mr hobby self leveling will work just fine ,I'll try and get a text over to my friend for the answer I'll explain the answer with a pm if OK with you. Dave

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
To be safe Si I've been using mr hobby aqueous thinner ,but I've dumped most of my mr hobby lacquer paint like you the dining room table isn't a very family friendly place for it ive been using the mr hobby aqueous paints same excellent finish but no smell ,im pretty sure mr hobby thinners and mr hobby self leveling will work just fine ,I'll try and get a text over to my friend for the answer I'll explain the answer with a pm if OK with you. Dave
That would be appreciated mate, thanks muchly :thumb2:

Andy T

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
,im pretty sure mr hobby thinners and mr hobby self leveling will work just fine
They do Dave, but since the thinners smell more than the paints (to my nose anyway) I think using them would negate the main advantage of using the aqueous range.

David Lovell

SMF Supporter
First Name
David
They do Dave, but since the thinners smell more than the paints (to my nose anyway) I think using them would negate the main advantage of using the aqueous range.
Never looked or smelt at it that way Andy but you can get a bottle of the aqueous thinner cheap enough anyway and it lasts forever, blimy barley used half a ab cup full on each kit ,a couple more and there will be room in the jar to thin it downso its good to go when needed. Dave

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
I looked for the ambulance Si, and basically the inside of the cab seems to be the same as the outside. I know the engine was a turquoise colour by the way……apparently it showed oil leaks more easily.
That’s what I thought. I think Tamiya is releasing a 1/48 scale Ambulance soon I read.

David Lovell

SMF Supporter
First Name
David
That would be appreciated mate, thanks muchly :thumb2:
Sorry for the delay Si ,my friend was setting their stand up at Nuernberg for the show ,but for sure with no problems you can use MLT and mr color thinner across the whole range mr color ,aqueous, and the complete mr surfacer range ,wich is good coz ive still got a fair bit of each. Dave

Scratchbuilder

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mike
As much as I do like this kit, and that Airfix have utilised the K2 chassis for a GS, why have so many model companies NOW decided to do British softskins, AFTER I'd fully downsized to 28mm have to scratchbuild!
Always the same Chris. Long ago I used the old Profile Publications booklet to scratchbuild an M-113, not long afterwards Tamiya brought out theirs. So, using their kit offering I thought gotcha! and built the M577 Command vehicle, took it up to the local model club for viewing and someone said "Wow! that was quick, they only issued it a week ago...."