Skin tones

A

AVB99

Hello

I am having to paint four figures in 1/35 scale. Normally when I do figures, these have been at 1/72 so the faces and hands are so small that the colouring is not too important (to me). However at 1/35 the flesh paint I use is 'orrible- Tamiya XF-15.

Can someone please recommend a flesh colour paint (acrylic) which is realistic. Also how do I add various tones so that the faces and hands don't just look lifelsss and dull (flat!)?

Thank you

Aidan

P

Plastickitbasher

Aidan

I use Panzer Aces shadow, base and highlights plus a tiny bit of Vellajo's Model Paint light flesh with a very dry brush just to catch the very high points.

Hope that Helps

Regards

David

C

CDW

I use citadel bronzed flesh. ... lightened and darkened with white and mid brown respectively. ... acrylic by the way.

when my eyes and hands were better I used oils as these are easier to blend, saying that it was on white metal which is so much more detailed and forgiving.

A

AVB99

\ said:
AidanI use Panzer Aces shadow, base and highlights plus a tiny bit of Vellajo's Model Paint light flesh with a very dry brush just to catch the very high points.

Hope that Helps

Regards

David
Thank you David

Aidan