First Name
John
Top effort with the detailing Tony , great patience and skill:thumb2:

The Committee are watching avidly !

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Really impressive patience and skill. Very inventive use of all sorts of odds and ends from sweet wrappers to brush bristles.

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Well after a long long build im finally calling this done! The last few bits and bobs have been fitted , namely the drop tanks , KKR1 reconnaissance pod , canopy , elevators and last but not least the wings . The canopy has also had the connecting wire to the ejector seat fitted with a bit of brass wire , suitably crinkled . The problem I had was that each time I added an aerial , or some other tiny last minute part , it made it harder and harder to handle it without knocking something off - the aerials under the nose and behind the cockpit being re attached several times! Thanks to anyone still following after all this time , heres some pics ( excuse the rough , mucky background ) to finish this thread and I’ll be getting some better completed pics up soon , cheers tony415AEF42-BFE0-4F46-85C1-1F7439832C65.jpegAB10152F-E0AE-4BDC-B308-3AE4141D46E5.jpegBF5A015C-55DB-4B0E-8692-E159F3B23034.jpeg95CE3794-A282-4991-9BE0-C886EECF9C69.jpegF7BA990F-C919-4B75-AB4D-3A1224D6F629.jpeg

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Wow Tony, it certainly was a long haul and a whole lot of 'Nasties', but the finished product is freakin' fantastic!!! You've definitely put your heart and soul, not to mention nerves into this build. I can only tip my hat to you Sir!!! Take this to the next show in your neighborhood and you are guaranteed a gold medal, for sure!!!...

Prost
Allen

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Great work Tony. Looking forward to the finished pics. ATB.

Andrew

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Wow Tony, it certainly was a long haul and a whole lot of 'Nasties', but the finished product is freakin' fantastic!!! You've definitely put your heart and soul, not to mention nerves into this build. I can only tip my hat to you Sir!!! Take this to the next show in your neighborhood and you are guaranteed a gold medal, for sure!!!...

Prost
Allen
Superb Tony.
Pete
Oooh!! Nope...im gonna save it for when its in the completed section. :smiling:
Great work Tony. Looking forward to the finished pics. ATB.

Andrew
Thanks a lot guys, ive just realised - in a week this build will be having its first anniversary !!!! Didnt realise it had been such a long one , those stencils really were a slog , cheers tony

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Totally struck dumb..........I do believe there are more decals on this jet than I have applied in my entire modeling life time! A most impressive build Tony and I look forward to seeing it in all its glory in the completed section.....Extremely well done Sir! :thumb2: :thumb2: :thumb2:

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Looking superb Tony. Bet you’ll be glad when it’s over now though ;)