soleil royal build

S

steve5

this is where I am up to on this build , it's the soleil royal , I painted it in green just to be different ,the purist's won't like it , but there you go , I don't have many picture's of the build so far , but if you won't to see them please ask ,it's a lot easier to post on this site too .

steve5

Last edited:
N

noble

Steve let me start by saying WOW that is freakin cool.....and I actually like the green beautiful work.

scott

D

Deleted member 4539

Great work so far.

I always say "it's your model paint it what you want":smiling3:

peterairfix

SMF Supporter
First Name
peter
I agree with everyone else and that green looks rather good

F

Fenlander

Incredible work. Great to see two of these being built on here.

S

steve5

thought I might as well show some , changes I made to the ship , the poop deck never had any railing's , which I thought was strange . and I made a stair case down to the next deck , don't know what it's called . I think it look's better ,. also added a cradle for the boat's , didn't like where they were . sorry to say I pinched them of another guy In Germany , hope he forgive's me

steve!cid_146.jpg

!cid_22.jpg

S

steve5

thank's for all the nice comments , won't be posting for a while there's a lot of ratlines to put up [ groan ]

steve

S

steve5

all the lower rat lines are in ,could use a little help , in which direction to go , finish the masts , or start the bowsprit yards . would some help

steve5!cid_588.jpg

D

Deleted member 3568

I am a complete novice at rigging a ship properly, personally I would do as much as I could before I moved up or out. In my youth as a teenager I did the whole series of airfix sailing ships and rigged using their instructions, I remember feeling really proud of my achievements and showing all and sundry what I had done, it's only since joining forums like this I've realised they used such simplified righing, I take my hat off to people like you who tackle (and succeed) rigging of this complexity.

S

steve5

thankyou kp , but believe me I am no expert , and there is nothing amateurish about your builds or rigging . as you can see I am at a bit of a stand still trying to work out which way to go . time to hit the book's for a bit of study

steve5

G

Graham D

When I build wooden sailing ships, I normally finish the construction of the masts and ratlines, then work front to back. So rig the bowsprit, then do therigging that supports the masts, crosstrees yardarms etc, (standing rigging) then the running rigging including the sails.

S

steve5

cheers graham , I appreciate your input ,. sound's like a plan , , makes sense to me , when you think about it .