Sonderkommando 'Elbe' in the skies over Germany. 7th April 1945.

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
I think we should mount perimeter patrols (RAF Regt please note), in-depth defence (all of us Pongos), Booty can corrall the RAF in their hotel and the Navy can regale us with tuneful ditties such as 'And then he'd row, row row ...' Meanwhile, back at the ranch we will consider our options and try to get Gerry some counselling. What say you Oh Voice of Sanity?

:thinking: SPOT on says the voice says of sanity :thumb2: lol:rolling:;):smiling3: :thinking:but we will have to leave gerry to his fate :rolling::smiling3::nerd::crying::crying::crying::crying: BUT

i think we should let 570 get on with his excellent build Steve lol
chris

Airborne01

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
What bild.....is there a bild?? I was about to break in with the refrain......"Away Away with the fife and drum, here we come full of rum......Looking for women to paddle their b*m we're the North Atlantic Squadron"!

GO NAVY!~!!
Is our Navy that large that we have squadrons - Oh yes! The Royal Yacht Squadron at Cowes! :cold-sweat:

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
.......i think we should let 570 get on with his excellent build Steve lol
chris

Thanks Chris, as you know, I'm the first in line for a bit of crack, but sadly it looks like it's now taken over....

But for now, I will quietly persevere with the build.

In my mind's eye , after the grinder (prop) had chewed it's way into the B-17, the fighter's wing impacted the bomber with its leading edge and with such force that it parted company with the fighter's fuselage at it's anchor points.

I used the same destruction method as the fuselage. I have kept the aileron just hanging on.....

Here is the wing fluttering in the breeze.

P1300277.JPG

P1300278.JPG

Cheers,
Ron

Last edited:

Airborne01

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Thanks Chris, as you know, I'm the first in line for a bit of crack, but sadly it looks like it's now taken over....

But for now, I will quietly persevere with the build.

In my mind's eye , after the grinder (prop) had chewed it's way into the B-17, the fighter's wing impacted the bomber with its leading edge and with such force that it parted company with the fuselage at it's anchor points.

I used the same destruction method as the fuselage. I have kept the aileron just hanging on.....

Here is the wing fluttering in the breeze.

View attachment 425122

View attachment 425123

Cheers,
Ron
Apologies Ron
Steve

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
No need to apologize Steve. As folks on here know, I'm usually one of the first to get carried away and type myself into the realms of god knows what........:upside: ;)

Thanks Mark. I'm glad you like the 'Bending'!

Ron

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
That looks like very realistic destruction to me, fancy a go myself now :thumb2:
HI Mark:thinking: if you fancy doin some realistic destruction like 570 has then you'll need to get your SWMBO to pratice at bein a good chuckerupper lol :rolling: :smiling::smiling: AN 570 really very realistic bit of modeling brilliant work as i really enjoyed your dornier an hurry thread brilliant
chris

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Chris, I'm chuffed you are liking this build, and it's nice to read you also enjoyed my Dornier/ Hurricane thread. It was great fun to do.....

To hopefully add a bit more 'drama' to this build, I've decided to leave the stbd. undercarriage still attached. So I stuck it on sort of 'dingly dangly'

P1300283.JPG

P1300284.JPG

P1300290.JPG

I'm hoping the addition passes muster, chaps.

Nearly time to turn my attention to the B-17

Cheers.
Ron

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
WOW WOW WOW 570 what a thread in realisim an we are dying to see the B-17 comin into this thread an me an the missus have been talking about how this will all come togeather as the B-17 even in 1/72 scale is quite big so how you an justin will get this into pics is beyond us but really lookin forward to seein this build
keep it comin 570
chris an jen

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Thanks for your input boys....

John, yes, the u/c was indeed fastened to the fuselage. Hence the very splayed look to the legs when on the ground, to try and widen the main undercarriage

........ as the B-17 even in 1/72 scale is quite big so how you an justin will get this into pics is beyond us....
chris an jen

Chris. Me too! :fearful:

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
She's looking good there 570........landing gear looks just right. Should be great fun when things start to "come together"....in mid air, that is. :thumb2: Rick H.

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
She's looking good there 570........landing gear looks just right. Should be great fun when things start to "come together"....in mid air, that is. :thumb2: Rick H.
Rick dont you mean apart lol
chris

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
John, yes, the u/c was indeed fastened to the fuselage. Hence the very splayed look to the legs when on the ground, to try and widen the main undercarriage

It was allegedly a transport requirement in the original specification. You could take the wings off and still be able to roll the fuselage onto a train for transport. Fuselage and disassembled wings could fit a standard railcar. To do that with most British aircraft required a crane. Nobody has found that specification, but it has come down by word of mouth from people who were there. I first read it in Radinger and Schick's old history of the A-E models.

I'm looking forward to the B-17. Even at 1/72 it will be a decent size, so plenty of scope for damage!