Sopwith pup Valom 1/144 scale

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Well i thought id join this GB after doing a swap with Ian (papa 695) . I gave him a 1/144 texan and he gave me this. Its a tiny little thing of not many parts but nicely moulded. It comes with a little etched fret for the interplane struts and cabane struts and a nice choice of schemes ( although one has been used by ian), 

ive made a start  with the interior which has a nice seat and panel , adding a control column from stretched sprue. This done the fuselage has gone together and ive put in the engine and front cowling. Ive added the exhausts from brass tube . It doesbt take long to go together  , the wings and tailplanes are also on now. Heres some pics  , cheers tony

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Cheers ian , does this look familiar ??!

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Wow, now that is great work in such small scale. Will you be rigging this?!!!

Excellent stuff and a real test for the eyes!

Cheers Paul

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Im going to try paul i was thinking paintbrush bristles maybe sable or if i can pull some of my missus hair out!!, cheers tony

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
You have a very understanding wife there Tony! I look forward to seeing this craziness unfold and I'm sure it will look brilliant.

Cheers

P

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
sheesh! its 1/144 and you are putting pe on it!  O.o

better eyesight than me..........and nimbler fingers!

look forward to watching this little tiddler progress

yambam26

SMF Supporter
First Name
Ben
Blimey Tony i remember when you was looking at these at southwell and the looked great on the sprue!

Can't wait to see this, enjoying the progress so far :smiling3:

P.s rather you than me!

Cheers,Ben

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Cheers ben , heres the latest pics. Ive given the wing and fuselage a first thinned coat of colour . Im brush painting with games workshop acrylics as its just too small to mask and spray , besides i think the airbrush would blow it away!! Im doing the HMS Furious scheme 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

First Name
Gwyn
Congratulations you are doing a fine job here, I cannot imagine how fiddly those small parts are to get into the correct position. 

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Bit more paint on , still a few more coats to do and the ply panel behind the cockpit and the alloy cowling . Ive also got the pe undercarriage struts on and painted the prop . 

image.jpeg

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Do you have eye strain yet Tony? Looking good, love the propeller wood effect.

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Your eye sight must be 20-20 Tony or you're employing some fancy optics! Great work in a crazy scale - you have my admiration!

Cheers

Paul

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Bit more done tonight , all major painting is done and its all had a coat of Klear. Thr prop has had a coat of gloss varnish and the centre painted brass. The wheels have been painted and look like my eyes after all this tiny work ! . Ive also added a couple of handles and a barrel to the miniscule machine gun. Next is decals and then the tricky assembly of the top wing , then its onto the rigging!! cheers tony

DSCN2018.JPG

DSCN2019.JPG

DSCN2020.JPG

DSCN2021.JPG

DSCN2022.JPG

DSCN2023.JPG

DSCN2024.JPG

DSCN2026.JPG

A

Ace

You have a very understanding wife there Tony! I look forward to seeing this craziness unfold and I'm sure it will look brilliant.

Cheers

P

You are lucky if the Mrs. doesn't mistakenly take a fly swatter to it! So tiny!!!

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Decals are on , and settling , just got the ones on the tail to touch up when theyve hardened again after the decal solvent. Ive also got the wheels on and done the rigging on the undercarriage struts. Somebody please help me , i think i must be mad !!! I ended up using a black false hair piece from the pound shop ( actually it was half price -50p , brucie !) for the rigging and i think it looks ok for the scale  , next up is the wing struts , oh dear!!

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg