Spare / Alternative Decals

F

Flyermay

Hi again,

I need to re-paint a 1/32 Spitfire that I messed up testing washes on it, but I can't find spare decals at a good price; the cheapest ones are as much as what I paid for the whole kit. So I would appreciate if anyone could guide me about my best options here.

I tried airbrushing the designs with masks, and even though they don't look too bad, I don't think I'll be able to manage the small or complex ones.

Also found that you can make custom decals with a special paper for printers. Has anyone tried this? Are the results worth the costs?

Thanks in advance for your help.

First Name
Robert
Hi Adam 

i have a drawer full of RAF/ Aircraft  decals in various sizes and scales and if you can let me know exactly what you require I'm sure I can sort you out with appropriate decals 

Pm me with exact details of subject and I'll see what I can do 

regards 

Robert 

F

Flyermay

It's the Revell 03986, a 1/32 scale Spitfire Mk. IIa. But thankfully Robert has a spare set of decals for this exact kit.

F

Flyermay

Can I use this thread to ask something to those with more experience here regarding decals?

Do you always use them, or do you paint as much as possible first -for example with masks-, and then use decals where you can't do it manually? I'm asking because I'm thinking it might look better after the washes over painted areas than decals.

Also, do you always bother using every single tiny decal, or just the main ones?

Thanks for your help.