Standing corn question.

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
I've got my eye on a potential little dio for the crash SIG. The aircraft is fairly simple but my e problem is I need to make a section of an early summer cornfield. In the picture the crop is roughly a couple of feet high,corn (as in wheat/barley not maize) and still quite thin. Each row and plant are discernable and it is certainly green and far from ripe. You can probably tell that I'm no farmer :smiling3:

Anyone any idea how I might achieve this?

Cheers

Steve

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
Rabbit fur (or deer fur for coarser hair) dyed green and held up in position with hairspray. I kid you not :smiling3:

Last edited by a moderator:
P

phalinmegob

scott and i noticed a diorama at cosford which was a farm vehicle harvesting in a field.the field was made form one of those bristle type doormats which had been trimmed where they had already harvested, wish i had took a picture because it was great idea that we both commented on at the time.

C

CDW

how about a wallpaper brush, cheapo one from pound shop maybe. you could cut clumps off and spray them whatever colour needed.

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Wow,that's given me something to think about. Thanks very much gentlemen. This will be in 1/72 scale so I'm leaning towards the fur. The other suggestions might well be more appropriate for slightly larger scale,I think.

Thanks again

Steve

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
\ said:
how about a wallpaper brush, cheapo one from pound shop maybe. you could cut clumps off and spray them whatever colour needed.
lol. you gone and gave my secret away!!! If you use it to slap a bit of varnish on then after cleaning it stand it up in a jar, so the residue runs back down to the handle end of the hairs, you can cut nice bunches off to use as clumps of long grass, rushes and yes even corn. You will need a load for a corn field.

Ian M