Star Lord, Guardians of the Galaxy.

First Name
Adrian
Peter Quill is Star Lord one of the Guardians of the Galaxy, as a child he was abducted from Earth with just his Sony Walkman and a single tape of music.

The kit is the 1:9 Dragon Guardians of the Galaxy figure from last years blockbuster film. I had some issues with a missing part but after playing my face it finally arrived. A nice little touch is the inter changeable heads :smiling3:

Hope you like it :smiling3:

View attachment 114750

View attachment 114751

View attachment 114752

View attachment 114753

View attachment 114754

View attachment 114755

View attachment 114756

View attachment 114757

View attachment 114758

View attachment 114759

Comments welcomed as always :smiling3:

Adrian

001.JPG

003.JPG

006.JPG

008.JPG

010.JPG

011.JPG

012.JPG

013.JPG

014.JPG

016.JPG

john i am

SMF Supporter
First Name
john
Great figure n base there Ade. Love it and although you did an amazing job on the face I prefer the mask on this particular character.Well done mate. Cheers John.

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Nicky done figure , the coat is really well done , face is good although I agree with John but only because the face looks nothing like the guy in the film I figure that's down to licensing of some sort so I'd go with the mask :smiling3:

P

Polux

Nice paintwork, the tone looks very good.

The leather bag is very cool!!!

Polux

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
great work Adrian,your done so well on this one,great color with the jumpsuit,

like the toning of it,

what real catches my eye is the leather coat,so well done and just love the colors,

and top work on his bag as well,love it great stuff, :D

I do like him with the helm on as ,I do think you need to show that off ,for the work pu into it, ;)

I would like to know your run down of paints you did use for the coat and bag,as the colors

do real catch my eye,:rolleyes:

takeslousyphotos

No Tears Please. It's a Waste of Good Suffering.
First Name
Peter
That's a superb job Adrian........... Great work with the colours and shading. I've not seen the film, so I have no idea who or what this bloke is..... But you've done a great job. One small observation, it's not a criticism but for me, the two guns look just a tad too silver, maybe they are supposed to, but I reckon they need a dark wash or somesuch. But that's just my opinion. 10/10 from me Matey.

D

dougie

I love this film, so much fun to watch.

You have painted a fine figure here, I feel the mask is the better look, I don't like the moulded face, doesn't look so much like him - not your painting I may add.

D

Deleted member 3568

It's a great figure I hate people who can do figures as good as this, since I am rubbish at them.

First Name
Adrian
\ said:
great work Adrian,your done so well on this one,great color with the jumpsuit,
like the toning of it,

what real catches my eye is the leather coat,so well done and just love the colors,

and top work on his bag as well,love it great stuff, :D

I do like him with the helm on as ,I do think you need to show that off ,for the work pu into it, ;)

I would like to know your run down of paints you did use for the coat and bag,as the colors

do real catch my eye,:rolleyes:
Thanks Monica, I used Mr Hobby H47 Red Brown as a base colour for his coat, then washed it with Citadels Nuln Oil, dry brushed with the red brown and highlighted with Citadels Evil Sunz Scarlet. His bag was painted with Citadels Zandri Dust, washed again with Nuln oil then dry brushed with Citadels Ushabti Bone.

\ said:
That's a superb job Adrian........... Great work with the colours and shading. I've not seen the film, so I have no idea who or what this bloke is..... But you've done a great job. One small observation, it's not a criticism but for me, the two guns look just a tad too silver, maybe they are supposed to, but I reckon they need a dark wash or some such. But that's just my opinion. 10/10 from me Matey.
Your right I'll give them a wash and pick out a little detail, its not till you see him in pictures you spot these things :smiling3:

\ said:
I love this film, so much fun to watch.
You have painted a fine figure here, I feel the mask is the better look, I don't like the moulded face, doesn't look so much like him - not your painting I may add.
I need to try and add some stuble, this may help make him look closer :smiling3:

\ said:
It's a great figure I hate people who can do figures as good as this, since I am rubbish at them.
I don't normally do figures either, just have a go its all about having fun :smiling3:

Thanks everyone else for your comments :smiling3:

Adrian

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
\ said:
Thanks Monica, I used Mr Hobby H47 Red Brown as a base colour for his coat, then washed it with Citadels Nuln Oil, dry brushed with the red brown and highlighted with Citadels Evil Sunz Scarlet. His bag was painted with Citadels Zandri Dust, washed again with Nuln oil then dry brushed with Citadels Ushabti Bone.
thank you so much Adrian,for the colors :D

the Citadels,is that the games work shop colors,?

as there so much richer and have more death to them, ;)

T

Tibbs

A great paint job, prefer him with the mask... And that coat and rucksack are spot on

First Name
Adrian
\ said:
thank you so much Adrian,for the colors :D
the Citadels,is that the games work shop colors,?

as there so much richer and have more death to them, ;)
Yes Monica they are the Gameswork shop paints :smiling3:

Adrian