Star Wars Battlefront Sniper Scout trooper

S

schweinhund227

Good day all !

Although I have started this project roughly 2 1/2 years ago ... I only recently took time to finalize it and paint it !

Taken from the Lucas Art Video game... I have modeled my Biker Scout to represent the Sniper as seen in the Game !

anyway ! here he is !

Roughly 1/10th in Scale to match my other Biker scouts !

Take care all and Hope you like !

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
And very nice too!

Haven't I seen your version of the one sitting on his bike elsewhere?

Gern

F

Fenlander

That is nice, even though I am not a Star Wars fan and (whispers) never seen the films in their entirety (sorry), I do recognise good modelling. The posing is very realistic, great work Norm

S

schweinhund227

Thanks guys !!! for the support !

"Ger" The Sitting Scout trooper at the back of the picture... was a project I worked on last year; aka the Captain Morgan Scout or Relaxing Scout Trooper...

It took Gold and Best of Sci-Fi in a regional Show ! was a first for me !!! I really enjoyed the reactions from the public more than any prizes...

I hope to draw the same crowd this year with the Sniper !!!... I like when the "Fans" are pleased ! The judges, now that's another story !!! LOL

Thanks again for commenting !

B

backonthecase

That my friend is COOOOL!!! I love the professional, satisfied pose!!! Did it come like that or did you remodel him? I loved the BF and BF2 Playstation 2 games, they kept me in coffee for a long time!!

Where can you get these figures? I want one!!!

Stuart

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Correct me if I'm wrong Norm, but doesn't your speeder bike appear to be floating (as in the film) and is in reality held up by the figure who appears to be sitting on it?

Just thought I'd mention this to everyone 'cos it's not clear from your picture just how cleverly done this is!

Gern

S

schweinhund227

You are right Gern !!!

The Floating or Hovering Simulation !!! is a trick of the eye !

the Figure is Screwed "to the Bike" via a Bolt coming from under the Seat ! accessed via a small hole under the bike ! hard to see !

the Figure Left leg is built around a Brass shaft ! which in turn is secured in the Base ! Press fit. the Base has about 1 lbs of weight added to the front !!! to offer counter balance !

it was fun to build and I'm afraid those figures are one of a kind !!!

Although they were built with the intent to KIT them out but that dream never realized !

Sorry !

Take care guys !!!

B

backonthecase

You scratchbuilt them.... holy cow!!!

I tip my hat sir....

S

schweinhund227

Yeah Stuart ! Scratch-built it is

One of the main reasons for doing so many Scout troopers is simple !!!

I have 9 now ! they have no Face to talk about ! a nice set of armor pads which are easy to fabricate out of styrene and their Body glove outfit (black coveralls) is simple to sculpt !

after 9 Scouts I have made a series of moulds that permits me to make the process faster but... none the less tedious .. Reposing any of them takes a lot of time and never ending Resin grinding and sanding !!!

My next project is a Kasshyyk Trooper ( an Old brother ) of the Biker Scouts !

Should be fun to sculpt !

I'll keep you guys updated on my progress in the following year !

I give myself 6 months to come up with another one !!!

Later and thanks for stopping by !

Norm

Out !

B

backonthecase

That's cool norm, I think you would sell them like hot cakes if you ever did kit them!! I'd probably keep you in business - big SW fan!!

Although thinking rationally, it would be at the cost of simple foodstuffs and my relationship..... hahaha!

Anyway I'm rambling - good work Norm, can't wait to see your next project!

S

schweinhund227

Yeah Stuart !!! I feel for ya ! Garage kits are either rare or expensive at best !

I've seen guys selling their stuff 400% for what it was really worth and it got me SICK to my stomach this was a CODE !!!

I didn't feel that way ! and got out of it ! What ever I am doing isn't Magic !!! its all Trial and Error !

I don't like it, I send it off ! break it off ... there is a lot more Breaking and sanding in my hobby than FUN!

but ! the end products are very satisfying !!!

I thank you for your support and maybe one day I'll find time to Start one from the top with the intention to Sell it ! but

right now... I want LucasArt Lawyers at bay !

Good luck with all your projects....

If I get some kind of prize or not ! i'll post some pictures of the SHOW i'll be attending at the end of the month !

see ya

Norm.

Out!

S

snailster66

WOW !.Very impressive build.I really need to finish some of my 'to finish off' kits and get them posted :smiling:.Trouble is summers here (wednesday ive heard)and the caravan is all polished up !.Not easy modelling in a van with 2 kids ! :smiling:.

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
\ said:
Trouble is summers here (wednesday ive heard)
Brian. I've not heard that rumour. Is that ALL day Wednesday or what?

Gern

Great job...Well done.... :smiling3:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ARMOURED FIGHTING VEHICLE

S

schweinhund227

Thanks guys !!!

I just slapped another one together.... as his Spotter !!! will share pictures in a little while ! right now it still rough !

Should looks pretty cool when done !

Keep the faith !

Norm