Steve's 1/48 Airfix Hurricane Mk 1

vizenz

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andreas
I like it when the masking is removed from aircraft models. You can usually see very clearly whether the model maker has mastered his craft or not - and you did an excellent job Steve!

HAWKERHUNTER

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Steve that looks awesome
Thanks Lee
I like it when the masking is removed from aircraft models. You can usually see very clearly whether the model maker has mastered his craft or not - and you did an excellent job Steve!
Thanks Andreas. It's been a frustrating build so far and still plenty of work left to do.

HAWKERHUNTER

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
More progress. Decals are on, no dramas there, some weathering started along the leading wing edges, main undercarriage fitted, that was a bit tricky, and the scratch built flaps now in position. Please ignore the patchy gloss varnish, this is just for weathering purposes only. The model will end up with a matt finish. Moving on to the final stages of weathering now.

IMGP0054.JPGIMGP0055.JPGIMGP0056.JPGIMGP0058.JPG

HAWKERHUNTER

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Nice job Steve :thumb2:

All the extra work you put in looks fabulous.

Geoff
Thanks Geoff. Taking part in this group build, my first one, is making me push the boat out into new areas of modeling that are pushing my comfort zone. It may all end in disaster yet but I do need to step up if I am to progress. Thanks for your interest.

HAWKERHUNTER

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
This weathering lark is really doing my head in. I seem to take one step forward then two steps back. I have removed more paint than I put on and then spend time repairing the damage that I have caused. Roughly half way there. I said earlier that I wanted it to look like a really distressed dirty war machine and I am not sure if I really like what I am seeing. Anyway I have posted a photo and messed around with some black and white. I have removed some of the chipping that you see in the photo because I had gone OTT with it. Still have all the underside, exhaust soot and mud to add and then I am calling it done Should be finished by Wednesday.

thumbnail.jpegthumbnail (1).jpeg