Stormtrooper 1:6 scale

W

Waffen Bucks

Finished my 1:6 Trooper model. Bought the kit from ebay, altogether i think it was about £12. Some parts needed to be soaked in hot water and the softly pressed into the correct shape. These never fit together "out of the box", and this one was no different. Vinyl accepted the paint very well, no transfers, so had to paint helmet accents etc. But i'm happy with the final outcome. Had some MDF left over in the shed, so i made a basic plint/base with an Imperial Navy logo sticker that i printed off the computer.

View attachment 56651View attachment 56652

View attachment 58699

View attachment 58700

74952_10151356936324785_1465824485_n.jpg

543766_10151356936194785_1200140708_n.jpg

geegad

Can't cheat fate..
First Name
John
looks quality...one of the many things i would buy if i won the lottery...

M

mobear

this is excellent,1 question-you sure its not you photoshopped?,coz the lines are so crisp lol:tongueout2:

mobear

W

Waffen Bucks

\ said:
this is excellent,1 question-you sure its not you photoshopped?,coz the lines are so crisp lol:tongueout2:mobear
Hahahahahahaha, defo not me photoshopped. I'd never be that thin!!!!

Many thanks to all for your great comments.

First Name
Chris
Love it!! It looks just like your avatar LOL! Nice work. Have yet to try my hand a any sci-fi but Star Wars will be my first port of call.

Regards

Chris

First Name
Michael
love, I quite fancy doing something Star Wars too. My father in in-law played the French horn on the sound tracks, he's the one you hear doing all the horn solo stuff, the solo at Darth Vader's funeral is my fav. M

W

Waffen Bucks

\ said:
love, I quite fancy doing something Star Wars too. My father in in-law played the French horn on the sound tracks, he's the one you hear doing all the horn solo stuff, the solo at Darth Vader's funeral is my fav. M
Awesome!!

mossiepilot

A learner learning
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tony
"Isn't he a bit short to be a stormtrooper"

Sorry couldn't resist, love the figure, beautifully built and painted.

Tony.

Centurion3RTR

Fossil Raver
First Name
John
Cracking build there matey, or should that be TK-421 lol. The 501st would be proud.

Have fun, John

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
star wars is a passion of mine and I must say that is awesome , a fantastic job you've done. I would like to make some star wars kits but the only ones I come across are the snap together tipe that are prepainted so it hasn't interested me.

its a shame realy because they did have some cool ships and vehicles in those films.

P

phalinmegob

usually find proper kits on e-bay but rarely are they cheap

O

Oily

Very nice!

Wouldn't mind a storm trooper to join my Iron Man and T800 for my 'movie' kit collection

Vinyl kits are a pain,I did a T800 skull which needed some 'alteration' to get it to fit right!

W

Waffen Bucks

\ said:
star wars is a passion of mine and I must say that is awesome , a fantastic job you've done. I would like to make some star wars kits but the only ones I come across are the snap together tipe that are prepainted so it hasn't interested me.its a shame realy because they did have some cool ships and vehicles in those films.
Exactly!!!! I went into Hobby Craft and all i found was snap together kits. Ebay seems to be the only place you can get the older AMT/Ertl kits. I have just finished a Han Solo figure (i'll put a post up soon). I'm in the middle of doing a Luke Skywalker and i have a Star Destroyer, X-Wing, TIE fighterand a Slave 1 that i'm going to start on. Will look to place lights etc in those ones.

But totally agree about the snap fit problem.