Subaru Impreza WRC Safari '98 and rally crew.

First Name
Adrian
Well I haven't posted any completed builds in a while as I've been working on this beauty.

I used Tamiya TS 50 Mica Blue for the main body colour, inside the seatbelts are full 6 point harness's with PE buckles.

The pit crew is the Tamiya set and the weathering is MIG African Earth pigments.View attachment 73700

View attachment 73701

View attachment 73702

View attachment 73703

View attachment 73704

View attachment 73705

Comments welcomed as always, just noticed the windscreen wipers are not fitted in these pictures but are now :smiling3:

Adrian

009.JPG

010.JPG

011.JPG

013.JPG

015.JPG

016.JPG

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Yes, and yes some more Adrian, stunning build mate the weathering is superb and contrasts with the gorgeous blue of the Scooby just right. The figures are spot on and the placing of the pieces on the dio make a well balanced dio.

I like this very much.

Three points to note are the soles of the mechanics would probably not be blue and the exhaust pipe looks white in the pics, could be the light or my poor old eyes. Also you need to dirty up the tread area of the tyres.

Si:smiling3:

Last edited by a moderator:

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Superb build Adrian. Great weathering, you got the dust and dirt just right I think.

W

Willi262

I'm almost coughing on the dust.

And it's giving me more ideas for my own eventual rally car project...

First Name
Adrian
\ said:
Well I haven't posted any completed builds in a while as I've been working on this beauty.I used Tamiya TS 50 Mica Blue for the main body colour, inside the seatbelts are full 6 point harness's with PE buckles.

The pit crew is the Tamiya set and the weathering is MIG African Earth pigments.View attachment 73181 View attachment 73182 View attachment 73183 View attachment 73184 View attachment 73185 View attachment 73186

Comments welcomed as always, just noticed the windscreen wipers are not fitted in these pictures but are now :smiling3:

Adrian
\ said:
Three points to note are the soles of the mechanics would probably not be blue and the exhaust pipe looks white in the pics, could be the light or my poor old eyes. Also you need to dirty up the tread area of the tyres.

Yeah the boots were an over sight , the instructions show all blue on the driver and I didn't bother to check the mechanics,,, sorted that now though.

The exhaust pipe again, missed the smoke pigment on it, also sorted.

As for the tyres, the one that's not fitted is a new one been fitted :smiling3: Hence no dirt the others are dusted up :smiling3:

Adrian

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
As for the tyres, the one that's not fitted is a new one been fitted :smiling3: Hence no dirt the others are dusted up :smiling3:
Ah, I see, thought it was one taken off.

C

CDW

The only thing I'd add would be the wheel studs, easy enough to do with some thin solder wire and looks effective too.

Great build mate.

C

CDW

Studs on the hub that the wheel fits on, Subaru's don't use bolts I don't think, well the wrx I blatted round oulton park didn't. :smiling3: :smiling3: :smiling3:

C

CDW

Don't forget the pictures when you're done mate, I like this and it looks like we've got our work cut out for us for the SIG next year if this is what the bars set at :smiling3: :smiling3: :smiling3:

M

mobear

5*s from me also,and colins right just in case they can easily split nuts to get wheels off the hub a stud is nigh on impossible lol,though for a model its easily forgiven still deserves 5*s

mobear

P

Plastickitbasher

Great work, great build, five very large stars from me

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Very nice love the weathering :smiling3: great job

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Nice one Adrian.....I've not seen this sort of build, complete with crew.

Great composition. Well done.

Ron

First Name
Adrian
\ said:
Hi Ade,This looks great, did you make the axle stand and tool boxes etc...

Big ***** from me...

Andy...
I ordered the Tamiya Rally Mechanics set for the crew and all the tools, they do add that little extra to the build. My original idea was to make the gazebo as well that they use in the field but when I thought about it I figured it would spoil the look from above.

Adrian