Suggestions for Group Builds for 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
How about something from a civil war? Could you include Korea and Vietnam provided only native figures/troops were used?

Gern

First Name
Drew
1. Helicopters

2. Small scale anything - 1:144 and smaller

3. Race vehicles (anything as long as they are non-military and are used to race against similar vehicles e.g. cars, bikes, boats, etc)

Some other great suggestions here already.

A

AVB99

If you'll forgive the input of a an inexperinced person, who would love to have a go at a group build, I too would favour helicopters.

Aidan

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Try this boys....

'A moment in History'......Could be anything, early flight, rockets, moon landings, Titanic, speed records (Bluebird), a turning point in some conflict, a gallant act, me refusing a drink!

This could produce a real diverse and interesting build, make us all think and perhaps do something we have never attempted to build before.

Ron

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Brain storming really, that's a first for me!

But how about "My first attempt.".......This would mean having a go at something you've never built before. For my part I've never built a model car, modern or otherwise, a sci-fi subject, a motor bike, a figure in armour or on horseback.......

We would have to be honest....which we have in bucket loads. Seriously, my ideas are to get away from our usual stuff and be adventurous by trying something totally new.....I refuse to use that colonial expression 'Comfort zone'!..... Oop, I've said it!lol

Cheers

Ron

Last edited by a moderator:
First Name
Adrian
What about returning to our youth, where we build the first kit we ever built is a child?

Or something that shows the plane, tank, vehicle in a less well known role or in unusual markings of a different country.

Retirement home, where did that plane finish its career?

Just a couple of ideas

Adrian

C

CDW

a first attempt at summot .... that would be a plastic destroyer/aircraft carrier type thing. can't remember building one. done a couple of sailing jobbies but that's it.

and I've got a couple in my measly stash so yay :smiling3:

not a bad idea Ron.

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Identical subjects - or as near as possible - in different scales.

Gern

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
i like Adrians idea of the first kit you ever built , (though some of us might have trouble remembering that far back!!!). , how about this one then - "Paint it black" , anything at all as long as it was originally black , plenty of scope for all genres - submarines, aircraft , london taxis ,batmobile , JPS lotus , honda blackbird , darth vaders tie fighter etc. tony

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
\ said:
Try this boys....'A moment in History'......Could be anything, early flight, .... me refusing a drink!

..... something we have never attempted to build before.

Ron
So a fantasy build would be ok then??

LOL Sorry Ron. couldn't resist

Ian M

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
As a continuation of my Brain storm, I think that this thread is erm, redundant.

I have put most of the suggestions into my spreadsheet to work on later.

Of the ideas received thus far, I will try to deal them out between Themed builds and Group builds. The result will naturally be put up so we can if the need arises swap things around.

If however you have a real great idea, feel free to post it here and I can add it to the pile. It would be helpful if you said if you are suggesting it as a themed or a group build.

Ian M

C

CDW

Couple of build ideas that may be OK, or may lead to other ideas when fine tuned or adjusted for another category by your good self.

Out of comfort zone .... an architectural build of an existing building/monument etc.... preferably scratch built.

Maintenance .... any vehicle being serviced or modified or loaded etc.

Payload carriers .... anything specifically for carrying bombs, explosives etc.

Horses in wartime ... whether they be ridden, pulling something etc.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Hmm some interesting ideas Colin.

I have just been looking at the results from the votes, for this years builds. I would like to propose that the four runner ups, are put forward again for the 2013 builds.

The four that came in just under the cut are:

The Korean War; a good choice for a Themed build as there is a lot of scope in this one.

Warships/fast boats. I am sure that we could get a good group build but again, also good for a theme as there are so many good choices that are as different as chalk and cheese.

Helicopters. With all the new choppers hitting the market these days, it would be a good chance to exploit them.

Unarmed Army vehicles. An military vehicle that is not fitted with weapons. Could be either a Group build by narrowing it down or a Good theme by leaving it wide open..

Ian M

P

Polux

Hi Ian!

Well....I have something not clear (sorry if I'm wrong).

The theme of a "week build", is an Ok project? There's something decided?

It's possible to do every quarter.... (one tank,one plane,one ship and one....)

Thanks

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Polux, the idea will, I hope work like this, for example. You post a thread asking if anyone would like to join in a one week build of, say a Jeep. Then people can join in. The weak point in this is the every one building the same kit...

Or Have I got it all wrong? It was Colin M that made the initial suggestion, so I think we need to ask him what he had in mind....

Ian M

P

Polux

Thank you very much Ian!!!

I think it's a good idea, hope it goes Ok finally!

Regards

Polux

Ps: but the same kit....will looks like a competition...

B

Buttonman

how about eastern front, western front, pacific, Africa.

We all got lots of these in our stashes and nothing under 1/48 please

Martin

Status
Not open for further replies.