T72m1

Heftruck

SMF Supporter
First Name
Kyle Chalmers
Second attempt at scale tanks now. Again I'm relatively happy but all my mistakes are so much more obvious blown up in picture form XD.
I tried to make the camouflage look hand painted on but I might have to go back and reinforce the black borders? I also tried using more dry pigments for the weathering instead of oils
and I'm not sure it worked all that well, I'll have to do some more proper research on weathering.
IMG_20220924_124639.jpg

IMG_20220924_124449.jpgIMG_20220924_124320.jpg

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
You have every right to be happy Kyle. I think it looks fine. Oils and pigments create different effects and can compliment each other.

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Kyle,
that a very good result! :thumb2: I'd be very careful about beefing up the black borders, it's so easy to overdo it!
Dave

langy71

SMF Supporter
First Name
Chris
Now that looks very nice indeed,
for your second attempt at a tank build I'd be more than pleased with how this has turned out.. I agree with Dave about the black borders, (personally I'd leave them as they are due to them looking perfectly aged and not too stark).

Mickc1440

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mick
Nice work Kyle lovely neat job on the paint. Every model you complete is a learning exercise.

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
I'd be more than happy with that Kyle, that's a great build and excellent paint job. One small issue though. There are some seam lines on the front of some of the smoke launchers. Being where they are, they do tend to stand out.

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
HI Kyle well im not a tankee builder but i still like to look at them an to me yours looks great an as the other say leave well alone on them black bordes as they look just right an to me they just suit tthe model an it looks wheathered
chrisb

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Kyle, I like it ....the black borders are just right, the details pop, the weathering shows moderate use..... to my eye it's just a little too shiny. If you dull it down a bit I think it would benefit the end result considerably. Just my thoughts on an otherwise excellent build!

Last edited:

Scratchbuilder

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mike
Kyle, stop worrying, all that is required to tone down the camo is a coat of 'Ultra Matte Varnish'......