Tamiya 1/20 McLaren M23 1976 short review

R

Richy C

Hi guys , 1st impressions are that there are not many sprues , detail looks ok but not up to tamiya`s newer kits , one thing to remember is that this is a re-release so many the casts and moulds will not be up to modern standards ,

Not much more I can say on the kit , the decals look quality but the colour is questionable too dark imho , their has been a lot of debate on this , I`m going with the hiroboy zero colour flo red/orange as it matches the am tabacco decals I`ve got and its the colour they suggest ,

I would also recommend the tamiya pe kit , nice and sharp with seatbelt buckles and harness`s , sadly the harness`s are the poor paper things that they do so I will use 3mm ribbon for these,

Overall its looks an ok kit and should build nice but a little filling might be involved , the M`boro decals are a must have, back in 76 their were no rules on tabacco advertising and the M23 would not look right without them

If your a F1 fan or motorhead get it but be quick , I believe its a limited run and Japan have already sold out although a few UK importers still have it in stock

Richy

View attachment 32278

View attachment 32279

View attachment 32280

View attachment 32281

DSCF0058.jpg

DSCF0054.jpg

DSCF0053.jpg

DSCF0056.jpg