Tamiya 1/35 Panzer 111.

Wookie2486

SMF Supporter
First Name
Martyn
If there is room I will also pull a chair if I haven't missed too much I've just read through I don't know how I have missed this one

Last edited:
Reactions: JR

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
I always get my Mrs's to help me put in that last pin on the tracks as well. :tears-of-joy: :smiling5: :thumb2: .

Feeling very cold again. A very nice bit of sag on the tracks.

Hopefully your next build will be set in the Pacific theatre of war:thumb2::cool:
Thank you for your enlightening comment Mr Jones, however I must inform you as far as my builds are concerned I shall not be venturing in to the Pacific theatre of war, maily due to the fact that the Russians were not involved :nerd:.

Killer work Dude 2!!! The first and second pics show the true beauty of a set of Friuls…...Keep it coming and your fingers will heal Buddy. The 0.5 wire only makes little holes in them!!!

Prost
Allen
Greeting Dude 1, yes they came out of it well, the finger is improving at least the blood loss was virtually nil, so hospitaliation was not required :smiling3:.

Hi John
Looking good, freezing cold but very good.
Jim
Thanks Jim, I have to wear a coat while modelling, just too have the complete experience. Can't imagine how anyone actually survived in that cold for very long, more so with poor clothing.

They look JUST RIGHT. PaulE
Cheers Paul.

Bugger all wrong with tracks, they always had sag John, cracking build sir!!

Thats good to know Bob, thanks .

Good job John, looking like winter is early.

Andy.
Thanks Andy.

John. Very nice I needed that chill of your build it’s been scolding hot here
Lee, thanks and you are welcome to our wet weather at the moment:smiling3:..

Oh get on wit Man!! No worry over a little sag...........and Mr. Jones wants to know when and where in the Pacific theater the "Rooskies" fought their campaign against the Jappos.....I've got me coat, the taxi's on its way! Patient 358

Rick I'm going as fast as an oldie can brother. :smiling2:.
There is little hope with Mr Jones, Matron has given him up as a lost cause.

The tracks and the snow-job look great John. I also find that I have to give my eyes time to re-adjust after a time away from the bench.
Hi Peter, thank you. That's refreshing to know about the re-adjustment. Iam are not alone then :thumb2:.

very well done John those friul tracks give you headache... but they are so realistic...And the snow looks great

Merci Greg. :smiling3::nerd:

John

Sorry just caught up on this, it's looking very good indeed!!

Well done.

Andrew
No problem Andrew, thanks for looking in.

Tracks are looking good John.:thumb2:

John,
The tracks look great to me. Get a shiver when you look at it.

Cheers Paul, wait until you see the poor figures !!!.

If there is room I will also pull a chair if I haven't missed too much I've just read through I don't know how I have missed this one
Martyn, good to see you, just push Steve over, never mind If he's alseep.:smiling3:

me too!.

Jason your always welcome, squeeze in.

One thing I love about doing WW2 tanks is that imperfections are the norm and it whilst it helps a noobie like me, getting them to look natural is a whole new skill set. Point in case here.
T

Thats very kind of you to say Toby, its all achieved with mirrors :nerd:. Joking apart studying photos and trials and failures of methods seems the only way.

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Last night I had brushed some ice and snow wash on, I'm pleased with the results I found this morning when all had dried. When its applied its wishy washey, but once the carrier has dreisd off the snow appears.
Its done just as I had hopped, that clingy look that snow gives to a thick material as in the coat.

2020_7.jpg
Esp in the fold to the left above.
2020_8.jpg

2020_9.jpg
Certainly has that look of blown snow.

2020_10.jpg

2020_11.jpg
Above it's looking just like he has tramped through thick snow. I just love this product.

C & C Welcome.
Thanks for looking in.
John

Attachments

• 1591808838693.png
    1591808838693.png
    396.2 KB · Views: 3

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
John,
Looks good especially on the coats. I may have to get some of this and have a play.
Thanks Paul, think I might remove some of the snow on that helmet band, looks over done. Wanted more on the upper half, as if they were walking into a heavy snowfall.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
They do look sufficiently frozen JR. You might consider the "trembling Pearl" at the end of the old "Schnozola"LOL:smiling5: Rick H.

Jack L

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jack
Last night I had brushed some ice and snow wash on, I'm pleased with the results I found this morning when all had dried. When its applied its wishy washey, but once the carrier has dreisd off the snow appears.
Its done just as I had hopped, that clingy look that snow gives to a thick material as in the coat.

View attachment 388794
Esp in the fold to the left above.
View attachment 388795

View attachment 388796
Certainly has that look of blown snow.

View attachment 388797

View attachment 388798
Above it's looking just like he has tramped through thick snow. I just love this product.

C & C Welcome.
Thanks for looking in.
John
They Look great John. Well done. I haven't had a go with snow effects before, but very tempted now. Really finishes the look!

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
That looks great.....almost like he was stood out in it all night......the lower greatcoat in particular is fantastic. All you have to do now is make the brass monkey with the soldering iron .........

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
That looks great John. Definitely gives a good representation of caked-on snow.
Thanks Andy.
Brilliant John - a blizzard blasted Eastern Fronter if ever there was one.
Peter, it's strange stuff, but really effective.

Hope you knows a good old brass monkey!!

Cracking work John
Cheers Bob. .

It sure does Dude 2 and screw this crap, I'm moving to the Bahamas!!!!!!......Just too cold here for my old bones...……...

Prost with a Piná Colada in hand
Allen
Dude have to wear gloves now because of the cold !
They Look great John. Well done. I haven't had a go with snow effects before, but very tempted now. Really finishes the look!
Hi Jack, I'd recommend it. It's called Ice & Snow Wash from Precision Ice and Snow. Good fun and results .
You figures look great I think I will have to try some on one of winter camouflaged vehicles
Martyn thanks, don't confuse it with Winter Wash though.

That looks great.....almost like he was stood out in it all night......the lower greatcoat in particular is fantastic. All you have to do now is make the brass monkey with the soldering iron .........

:smiling3:Thanks Tim, it's been great fun using this method.