Tamiya 1/350 Bismark after market stuff Advice

R

Richy C

Hi Guys although I`ve just mentioned this in another post about AM stuff thought it would be better to start a new thread to hopefully attract the boat/ship makers on the forum , as the title says I`m looking for AM stuff for the 1/350 scale Tamiya Bismark ,

what I`m after is the basic PE kit, the metal gun barrels and the PE deck , I`ve tried the white ensign website but being a novice with warships struggled to find what I`m after if anyone can point me in the right direction it would be much appreciated

Thankyou

Richy

F

Fenlander

Not my thing (yet)

Great wooden deck for it here

Nice review that mentions the White Ensign ones here

Also, have a look at the Eduard site as they do PE for the Tamiya Bismark I believe.

Look forward to seeing this grow Richard

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Richy, I have a few shots in my gallery of the diorama I did when I built my 1/35 Bismark. It was the Academy version...A very nice kit. I built it o.O .B.

When I built her there was a set of navy figures that you could buy to go with the ship. Imagine painting them in 1/350!!

I will have a look around for you. Someone will hopefully beat me to finding them!

Ron

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
O.K. Richie, I've had a look on 'tinternet and found these:-

Naval Ship crew, Tamiya no. 12622, 1/350....144 figures!!!

The modeller.com usually have them but are out of stock. Price £6.98

Why not ask John if he can get a set for you?

I hope this is of some help.

Ron

R

Richy C

Gentlemen you are diamonds Thankyou ,

I spent hours yesterday trying track the bits I`m after , I think I can get the guns from white ensign although need do a bit of research of whats needed , its not a very friendly website for someone like me who knows jack you know what about warships , I also found the basic PE kit but for the life of me cannot remember or find that site again , as for the PE deck could only find sites that done part decking,

Ron- thats the 1st time I`ve seen that dio and must say its superb mate , only you could make a dio with a 1/350 warship and pull it off , I love it mate , Thankyou very much putting yourself out tracking down stuff for me , not sure if I will use any figures at this stage I still struggle with 1/35 scale let alone 1/350 scale figures LOL

Graham - thankyou mate with your link you have just spent my mother-in -laws christmas money , a superb full wooden deck made for the tamiya 1/350 bismark , although its coming from Australia and may take a while to get I `m sure it will be the nuts and for less than £40 inc delivery I`m a happy bunny , CHEERS MATE.

Now its coming together I should really blog this one , with Grahams help the hardest bits sorted , the guns and the basic PE should not be a to hard to source

At the moment I`ve just sold my house and had loads of things going on etc etc (hence why my posts are a bit hit and miss) but hope to get modelling again early in the new year and blog this and a Iraqi dio thats near or ready to go

Cheers Guys

Richy

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Glad I could be of some help and I'm glad you like the dio. Richy.

The ship was built o.O .B. with no xtras apart from some very basic rigging so I will be watching you make a 'proper' build of this most beautiful of ships.

Regarding the 144 1/350 figures you could have sent them to Dave (gern) He would have loved to paint them seeing as he had such a great time with his fiddly individual tank track links!! lol

Cheers,

Ron

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
\ said:
Regarding the 144 1/350 figures you could have sent them to Dave (gern) He would have loved to paint them seeing as he had such a great time with his fiddly individual tank track links!! lol
Gee thanks Ron! Guess you must have missed my post about losing the will to live halfway through doing those b****y track links!

Anyway, doing 1/350 scale figures shouldn't be difficult. Dark blue in the middle with a pink dot at the top and the end of the arms and a couple of black dots at the end of the legs - job done. Unless you want to do the badges, skin tones etc. etc. Then you'll probably need to give Willard Wigan a call!

Sorry about the slight detour on your post Richy. I'm looking forward to seeing your build.

Gern

D

deckape

\ said:
Hi Guys although I`ve just mentioned this in another post about AM stuff thought it would be better to start a new thread to hopefully attract the boat/ship makers on the forum , as the title says I`m looking for AM stuff for the 1/350 scale Tamiya Bismark , what I`m after is the basic PE kit, the metal gun barrels and the PE deck , I`ve tried the white ensign website but being a novice with warships struggled to find what I`m after if anyone can point me in the right direction it would be much appreciated

Thankyou

Richy
Richy

I am from the united states I have no knowledge of after market venders that sell PE sets I can help you the best i can dear Sir, I have the same kit you havbe I ordered 2 PE set from two different manufactures. Try these

Email orders@tommodelworks.com

Email goldmedl@rockisland.com

they have sets of PE made exclusively for your kit and others in 1/350 scale not that expensive try them out this is the best i can do for you.

Warmest Regards

Franklyn

L

Lancasterb1

I know that you can buy AM PE parts for the Bismarck and the Tirpitz, I when I built the Tirpitz bought hand rails, catapult water tight doors, even life rings. The maker was from the US , but if I remember rightly then Hannants was my first port of call at that particular time. Both of these capital ships were featured in the PE parts even down to cranes ans funnel top covers etc.

Link here and picture below

Hannants - Gold Medal Models GM35006 1:350

Hope this helps

Andy

View attachment 29074

GM35006.jpg

B

Bunkerbarge

Just an amazing coincidence, I have just returned to my cabin to see what's going on after takig a couple of shots of the very slip the Bismarck was built on. I then went on to the yard office and actually got a look at the 1/50th scale yard model of the Bismarck. Unfortunately I couldn't take a picture but the guy kindly gave me a beautiful yard print of the ship. Just to stand in the dock bottom next to the slip where she was built was quite awe inspiring.

F

Fenlander

Brings history to life when you do something like that Richard, what a privilege.

B

Bunkerbarge

It certainly did, just to stand there and imagine the Bismarck above you and crowds of 40,000 watching the ceremony as Hitler shouted out his speach. It realy was a moment to remember.

R

Richy C

1/350 laser cut full wooden deck for the tamiya Bismark , 1st off thankyou Graham for the link , got delivered this morning all the way from Australia in only 6 days hows that for service , also a thanks to everyone else for the other links .

The wooden deck looks fantastic , I plan to get the gold medal PE kit and main and secondary brass guns from white ensign when finances allow with the pe kit around £40 and the guns around £25 its not a cheap project but then again not something you make every day

research is under way and hope to start it early in 2011

Once again cheers guys

Richy

View attachment 22238View attachment 22239

View attachment 29095

View attachment 29096

IMG_4705.jpg

IMG_4712.jpg

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Hi Richy

Wow, that decking looks great - this is going to be one fine pocket battle ship when finished

All the best

Paul

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Sorry i missed this. Here are a few bits you could look at from WEM:

PE 3529, PE 3565,

P

peter61_uk

\ said:
Just an amazing coincidence, I have just returned to my cabin to see what's going on after takig a couple of shots of the very slip the Bismarck was built on. I then went on to the yard office and actually got a look at the 1/50th scale yard model of the Bismarck. Unfortunately I couldn't take a picture but the guy kindly gave me a beautiful yard print of the ship. Just to stand in the dock bottom next to the slip where she was built was quite awe inspiring.
I couldn't help but seeing your post on this............... I've been to the Blohm and Voss shipyard many times and that model down in the office basement is quite amazing .............. and dock 17 which was built for her gives a great perspective on how big the ship actually was. I went down in the dock when they had an LPG tanker in there for repairs. A good friend of mine who worked there gave me the whole low down about how the Bismark was built in secret and "dummy" sheds were constructed over the dock to hide it from the air............. and walking under the keel with a whole load of tons over your head supported only by blocks made of railwaysleepers is spooky.............

......Anyway, i digress............... I don't want to hijack this thread........

Cheers to All

Peter

P

peter61_uk

\ said:
I couldn't help but seeing your post on this............... I've been to the Blohm and Voss shipyard many times and that model down in the office basement is quite amazing .............. and dock 17 which was built for her gives a great perspective on how big the ship actually was. I went down in the dock when they had an LPG tanker in there for repairs. A good friend of mine who worked there gave me the whole low down about how the Bismark was built in secret and "dummy" sheds were constructed over the dock to hide it from the air............. and walking under the keel with a whole load of tons over your head supported only by blocks made of railwaysleepers is spooky...................Anyway, i digress............... I don't want to hijack this thread........

Cheers to All

Peter
For some reason that all went out of sync.......... It should have read:

I couldn't help but seeing your post on this............... I've been to the Blohm and Voss shipyard many times and that model down in the office basement is quite amazing .............. and dock 17 which was built for her gives a great perspective on how big the ship actually was. I went down in the dock when they had an LPG tanker in there for repairs.............. and walking under the keel with a whole load of tons over your head supported only by blocks made of railwaysleepers is spooky.............

A good friend of mine who worked there gave me the whole low down about how the Bismark was built in secret and "dummy" sheds were constructed over the dock to hide it from the air......

Anyway, i digress............... I don't want to hijack this thread........

Cheers to All

Peter

Cheers to All

Peter

R

Richy C

You carry on Peter your not hijacking the thread by any means , I`ve found where I can get the bits needed for the build and now researching so any info or stories are fascinating ,

Richy

P

peter61_uk

\ said:
You carry on Peter your not hijacking the thread by any means , I`ve found where I can get the bits needed for the build and now researching so any info or stories are fascinating , Richy
Richy,

I'm not sure if you've already found this but this link is to the Blohm & Voss / Bismarck website ................... A mine of information and some fantastic photos of the shipyard model

Bismarck - Birth Place - Blohm + Voss GmbH Shipyard, Hamburg, Germany

Good luck with the build and put up some photos.

Cheers

Peter