Tamiya 1/6 Honda CRF1000L Africa Twin.

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Just beautiful Andy sorry so late I was really impressed with the way you built the wheels awesome

First Name
Andy
I managed to get on with this today as the weather was a bit cooler here so my workspace was OK to work in. Spent the last week or so out on the bike and also painting my shed, unfortunately it had to be painted by brush.
Anyway, nearly there with the model bike now.
52943863674_46a88c9399_b.jpg

Just the screen, footrests, rear brake pedal and rear number plate to fit along with a couple of small decals and it's done.

Andy.

therapy

SMF Supporter
First Name
Nick
That is looking really nice Andy. How did you finish the seat - it looks very realistic?

Nick

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Wow Andy!!! Not only the seat looks real, but the front forks are fantastic too!!! Standing tall and looking mighty fine Sir!!!

Prost
Allen

First Name
Andy
That is looking really nice Andy. How did you finish the seat - it looks very realistic?

Nick
That is a long boring story, but you asked. The instructions call for the seats to be painted with a mix of blue and white with black panels along each side but the box art and the picture on the instructions show it with black seats and I also know a guy who has a real Africa twin in that colour scheme and it has black seats. I primed the seats in white then gave them a coat of light blue sprayed from a distance to give a slightly grainy finish and the final coat is rubber black which I think makes it look a bit like the real thing.

Andy.

First Name
Andy
The bike is all done now and I will post more pictures in the completed section shortly but here is a size comparison with it and my 1/35 scale Jeep.
52956126889_1b121cc965_h.jpg
[/url]

Andy.