Tamiya Mitsubishi Evo 7

R

RallyCarFan

These are 2 of my evo 7's still both work in progress as is the garage for them and the rest of my collection :smile:

R

RallyCarFan

\ said:
Cars need a mirror finish. How do you get that please?
i use halfords spray paint with clear top coat

cheers guys

Very nice Andy first time i've ever seen an Evo pick up

looks cool :smiling:

S

Stevekir

RallyCarFan said:

"i use halfords spray paint with clear top coat."

I have been experimenting with Tamiya Clear spray cans. I can get these to produce a high gloss but I find that each coat needs to be sprayed wet and thickly just up to the point when the clear is about to run. The spray is really very fierce and I find that preventing runs while still getting a good gloss is difficult and can ruin the model.

Do you have that problem? If so, how do you solve it, or if not, what are you doing to avoid it?

Perhaps Halford's sprays are not very fierce. Is that the answer?

Thanks.

C

CDW

I personally use a hairdryer to start to "cure" the paint when its just laid down. this has the effect of letting the paint start to dry with a glossier finish.

used to use this technique when I sprayed detailing on proper cars. works with celulose and acrylics.

R

RallyCarFan

I only put on thin coats build it up slowly,

This is what i do to get it dry quicker,propergator lid on top of a radiator,

i can prime,colour and clear coat a shell in 2 hours finished,

Last edited:
P

Plastickitbasher

I like your fast drying get up, I'll try that one out soon. As for your car build simply stunning 5 stars from me

S

Stevekir

\ said:
I only put on thin coats build it up slowly, This is what i do to get it dry quicker,propergator lid on top of a radiator,

i can prime,colour and clear coat a shell in 2 hours finished,
Nice idea.

What primer do you use for plastic scale models?

R

RallyCarFan

\ said:
Nice idea.What primer do you use for plastic scale models?
i use halfords plastic primer i also put the cans in a jug of hot water to warm them up it makes the spray is much finer alsl warm the body in the "rad oven" before painting