Tamiya, Subaru Impreza WRC 2001

PaulTRose

Survivor
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
this looks good

i looked up X20SRT on the scooby register apparently its in the Richard Burns private collection

J

jono

\ said:
this looks good
i looked up X20SRT on the scooby register apparently its in the Richard Burns private collection
Hi Paul, it was in X20 SRT that he came 3rd on the 2001 RAC Rally & in doing so became the WRC World Champion for 2001 :smiling3: :smiling3:.

John.

D

dougie

\ said:
Hi Colin, I airbrushed the body using Zero Paints Mica Blue & Halfords Clear Lacquer aerosol spray. :smiling3:
John.
Looking good mate will be nice to see how much better a job you do than I did of mine.

Did you use primer?

J

jono

\ said:
Looking good mate will be nice to see how much better a job you do than I did of mine.
Did you use primer?
Thanks mate, yes I used Halfords white primer but forgot to get pics of it in primer..

Ive left the interior floor pan in primer as most of the Works cars just had the floor painted white ..

View attachment 118651

001.JPG

D

dougie

\ said:
Thanks mate, yes I used Halfords white primer but forgot to get pics of it in primer..
Ive left the interior floor pan in primer as most of the Works cars just had the floor painted white ..

View attachment 130267
Excellent mate, great work. Watching this thread for my next scoobie haha

J

jono

\ said:
Excellent mate, great work. Watching this thread for my next scoobie haha
Hope you have got a comfy chair/sofa & plenty of popcorn, this could be a long job..

John.

D

dougie

\ said:
Hope you have got a comfy chair/sofa & plenty of popcorn, this could be a long job..
John.
I started mine before Lucy was born. I finished just before she turned 6.

Challenge accepted? Haha!

It was down to not using primer, not realising that you had to thin model paints etc... I'm now learning using much more expensive mistakes lol

D

dougie

coming along nicely John, keep it up, its going to be a strong finish

J

jono

Thanks mate, just starting on the interior now & cant decide weather to do it the crew or not lol. :confused:.

John.

D

dougie

\ said:
Thanks mate, just starting on the interior now & cant decide weather to do it the crew or not lol. :confused:.
John.
If you get enjoyment out of it... Why not

D

dougie

\ said:
Im worried about doing the heads on them, as hands not that steady anymore lol...
I wouldn't worry. Unless it really will annoy you, we won't judge you on that. If I were you I'd just do whatever was the most fun and not worry if it's not absolute perfection. I'll bet you do a fine job.

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Hope you're feeling better John. Nice work on the Scoobie.