The 2012 Builds or Get you Christmas Wishes list out!

A

andygh

\ said:
The sig's run for 6 months Drew so plenty of time to get your skin tones sorted.Ian M
When do the various SIGs start from? Do the first 2 start in Jan and the second 2 in July or do they start every 3 months and overlap? Sorry to be a bit thick :hmmm:

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Logic would say that they will start every quarter. However they have been every other month. This gives time to fit them in the same year and for the odd curve ball along the way...

Ian M

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
The reply above was a bit short as it was from my smartphone, So I will elaborate a bit.

The SIG builds are a bit up in the air and are only a year old so things are quite pliable.

I am observing the join up rate of the different builds and if the participant count is low, I will start an other the following month. It really is hard to please everyone, I know that but I would like to get more people involved.

People have asked what the difference between an SIG and a GB are as they could not see any difference other than the time frame.

My original intent was that the SIG builds would be more specific, almost a single type build; say a single type of aircraft of a tank. The problem is that this proved to be quite unpopular with only very few people joining in....

This is what lead to the vote system so You the members had a say in what the SIG / GB builds should be. I will get on track again soon, so keep reading.

As there is now an elected project for the SIG calenders 12 months these will be started every other month.

BETWEEN the SIG builds that are calender set, I will pull one of the 'runners up' off the lists and throw that into the mix. Its a bit late to give a heads up for Feb. but I think we will survive with out a Feb starter.

So the short version is The SIG builds are still a new thing so are under development still, I hope for the better.

This Year is the first year with a set calender for the SIG's before that is was just ideas out of the air.

I will throw a subject in, still from the poll list, that will start between the calender set builds.

Feel free to come with some feed back/comments.

Ian M

Last edited by a moderator:
A

andygh

That works out perfectly for me, I'm not that interested in crash or the Pacific so it all fits together very well

Thanks for explaining Ian

First Name
Drew
I'm going to be joining the Vietnam one but am currently waiting on one of the kits being available. John has it on back order for me so I'm really treading water with other projects until it arrives.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Dont panic Homechild. I still have not found out what to do yet ....

Ian M

A

andygh

Hi Ian, am I right in thinking that the Modern Armour GB and the Tank Busters SIG both start on the 1st July, ie. next weekend?

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
The Modern armour GB starts the first July as you say.

The SIG, not quite, we have just had the THE PACIFIC SIG start at the start of this month. Logic says that to fit it into the callender year it should start 1/7 but I fear that it is to close to the start of the current one.

Trying to get everything to fit is the biggest problem with the SIG builds, which is sort of why I had hoped to avoid a fast program for them...However that is not that helpful to you guys.

I was thinking that IF we start the Tank Busters, the first of August, it will run the year out and come to an end the end of January. Most people are, shall we say busy with other things around Christmas/New Years, so I think it is better to be ending things over that period.. Am I making any sense?

Ian M

A

andygh

OK, that's fine, just wanted clarification for my tectonic brain :xyxthumbs:

(nb. very slow, not very large)

Last edited:

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
lol.

I did have a calender but that seams to have vanished!!

Ian M

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Duh!

Just found my "Calender" It was saved as a spread sheet...

And having found it I can see that I have got the Tank Busters staring the first of July .....

Here for all to down load and lose is a copy of said calender/spread sheet.

Ian M

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Just a quick reminder.

To help you remember that the next Group Build is the Twin Boom build. Just so you can have a ganders in the stash and find out what you have and what you need to buy in.

This is the last (official) Group Build of the year and I hope to see loads join in the fun.

If you need to order any thing for the build, don't forget to look in here first: Scale Models Plastic Kits, AK Interactive, Vallejo Paints, Mr Hobby Aqueous Paints If he has not got it I am pretty sure he will order it in for you.

AND NO I'm not on commission before you ask! :tongue-out:

Ian M

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
\ said:
Hi Ian its that time of year again...?
I said that to the missus last night and she looked at me and said "What already!!!" :laughing:

I'll get my coat.

Joking aside. So you want more then....:smiling:

I am having a brain storm and will return when I have something to throw at you.

Ian M

mossiepilot

A learner learning
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tony
Yes please, I've really enjoyed the GB/SIG builds I've done. More please.

Tony.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Suckers! lol

Things will be different for next year.

Do you want them to be more challenging? There has been a few ideas put forward that I am trying to get my head round....There will be a good mix thats for sure.

Ian M