The Big One

M

msm2

While sorting the loft stash out today in readiness of it being moved to the new workplace I decided to group this little lot together for a small diorama. This will have to be spread over a few odd months.

I will need to get some more track pieces for it at a later date.

Advice and comments most welcome.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Advice? Buy loads of grey paint!

Seriously that is going to be one big mother of a diorama and I will be following this one for sure.

Ian M

F

Fenlander

Even at 1/72 this is going to be huge. Really looking forward to seeing this come together, will it be finished for this coming weekend?

M

msm2

LOL Well I have to fit in a phantom build and a Harbin H-5 bomber by then as well.

M

msm2

Part One. German Kriegslokomotive Br 52.

Startedbuilding the chassic tonight,just a few hours.

Hope you like it.

T

treyzx10r

Tony this is going to be huge in more ways than one!

geegad

Can't cheat fate..
First Name
John
I thought I was doing a big build this mother is going to take some time what base you putting them on and what's going to be happing?????

John

geegad

Can't cheat fate..
First Name
John
like it!!!

oh and what are hobbyboss models like never used that brand

B

backonthecase

This looks interesting - The Hobbyboss smaller scale stuff I've built has great detail and mediocre to fair fit so should be looking really good when you work your magic on it!

Stuart

M

msm2

I agree with you Stuart. The larger kits I have come across are rescaled Trumpeter or Dragon kits.

B

backonthecase

Last year I bought 4 1:48 scale T 34s and was told they were scaled down Trumpeter 1:16 scale or something like that?

Stuart

T

tommy1drop

Definitely be watching this one Tony.

Youre going to be busy mate.

Tom

M

msm2

Some more work tonight,most of it has been dry fitting. Most of the parts I have used tonight will need the pin marks filled and sanded down. Laid the track out to get a idea how big this lot will be..... BIG.

All comments most welcome.

Cheers.

M

msm2

While waiting for the PE for the Br52 loco I have cracked on with the Munitionsschlepper PZ.KPFW.IV AUSF. D/E. Not much to this one and has gone together really well so far.

Paint has been ordered from John today.

All comments most welcome.

Last edited:
M

msm2

Cheers Scott. Yes this is all in 1/72 scale. I think the camera make it look bigger.