The Factory

C

Cov1

Hi all, got my kits this week. Im going to try and re-create the battle scene from the movie where Steiner and his men are trying to hold back the Russians.

Though it wont exactly have the T34/85 from the movie I will use the 76 version.

Never done Russian armour before so this will be good fun.

The AFV Club kit has some of the best detailing Ive seen from them and loads of internal goodies to boot.

Ade

View attachment 24825

View attachment 24826

View attachment 24827

View attachment 24828

View attachment 24829

View attachment 24830

View attachment 24831

View attachment 24832

View attachment 24833

View attachment 24834

T34 07.jpg

T34 08.jpg

T34 09.jpg

T34 01.jpg

T34 03.jpg

T34 10.jpg

T34 04.jpg

T34 06.jpg

T34 05.jpg

dragon6273reviewcs_box.jpg

F

Fenlander

Another great idea for a dio. Nice one Ade, that T34 does look well detailed.

R

rogue-one

hi there ade, this dio sounds kool. thats one of the best action scene's of the movie and it will be great to see u make it. i love the bit where the tank smashes a hole in the wall and the cannon barrel peeks thou and fires on them. class. i like the idea of re-creating scenes from movies, theres lots of scenes from band of brothers that i'd like to do sometime.

C

Cov1

Hi Graham and Bobby, yeah it will be a challenge for me to try and do. Don't know where to start lol

I can use up loads of spare parts for bits of machinery and factory parts.

Good excuse to watch the film again though..

All the best

Ade

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Hi Ade

What film are we talking about - Cross of Iron? - I'm gonna have to see that film!!!

Sounds great though - ruined factory an all.

The AFV T34 is pretty good isn't it?

Cheers

P

C

Cov1

Hi Paul, yes it's the film 'Cross of Iron'. It's dated by modern standards but still is a bloomin good movie.

It's a shame to cover up the interior of the T34 as all the parts are so good. Though could have it so the chasis splits enabling view inside at a later date.

Cheers

Ade

B

bikerbart

Oh yeaaaahhhhhh im ganna be along for this one, sounds blinking awsome. Ganna have to get this move to add to the collection, ive watched the scene your on about on you tube, fantastic. This is ganna be great, all the best, regards Martin :smiling:

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
From what I have seen of the factory sceen, most of the out side of the tank is going to be hidden too.

I couldn't bring my self to do an high detail kit them bury it under rubble, dust iron beams and bricks!!

Youre right though it was a good sceen!

Ian M

Centurion3RTR

Fossil Raver
First Name
John
Nice one Ade, this is going to look great me old mate. I'll keep an eye on this.

Have fun, John

C

Cov1

You know Ian, I have been in two minds about this as the rubble and all that, but I will construct it so it will come apart as and when to look inside. I think it will be a tribute to the movie and I can use up all the spare parts in the process.

Next thing is to get in my garage and start building, though I'm not exactly rushing this one.

Ade

C

Cov1

Well I started on the T34, two hours to do 4 suspension arms and associated parts!

This is gonner be slow, but that suits me as want to give the model the respect it deserves. It's just full of detail and parts that are so small.

Will post pics tomorow after another session on it.

Ade

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Hi Ade

I'm going to start the T-34 this weekend. I do anticipate this being a very slow build though!

How's the suspension coming along?

Cheers

Paul

C

Cov1

Hi Paul, this is one of the best model kits I've ever had the pleasure of doing. It's AFV club but dragon detailing and Tamiya build!!

Will post pics tomorrow, how's your build coming along?

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Hi Ade

I think AFV are one of the better manufacturers - they're tiger 1 is good too. Can't wait to see how far you've got. I've finished assembling the suspension now, I've posted pics in my thread (although the pics don't show it all 10 road wheels are built now). This really looks a fantastic kit - I am tempted to buy the T-34/85 as I think these are limited run editions?

Anyhoo, looking forward to your pics

All the best

Paul

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Hi Ade

Coming on a treat! Take yer time with it mate - it'll be worth us waiting I'm sure. The detail is unbelievable!

One quick question, are the seats , engine and battery just positioned within the interior ie. not glued? Just unsure how you'll paint the interior walls otherwise. You've probably got a plan though.

Looks brilliant makes me want to crack on with mine!

Cheers

APul

F

Fenlander

I have added some pictures to the T34/85 thread in Reference. There are some interior shots of this well worn example, will be the same as the T3476 for inside and much of the outside but the hatches are different.

B

bikerbart

Ade taht is looking brilliant bud, cant believe the awsome detailing, this is ganna be a good en, regards Martin :smiling:

C

Cov1

Hi Paul, I was just dry running the batteries and seats etc, want to make sure it's a nice fit prior to the painting. Need to visit hobby shop tomorrow when I'm in London to get White acrylic spray can. Then I can use some nice oils on the interior.

Thanks in advance Graham for the pics, will have a butchers at them.

Hey Martin, the kit design makes it with loads of details and it's not exactly a hard build either.

Will be popping in and out seeing how your all doing.

Thanks

Ade

R

rogue-one

hi ade , man,that looks like one hell of a kool detailed interior kit.