'The Hunters and the Hunted' - completed builds

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
A very interesting read :thumb2:
That's something I'm trying to do now with a recently completed build. Unfortunately, the aircraft had a very unremarkable history. Basically, nothing to tell.
Don't know I missed all this, very enjoyable post, and excellent builds as usual.
Sorry mate missed this, that is an excellent result.

Afternoon gents!

Thanks for stopping by and the support. Also, no need to apologise for "missing" it first time around. I do it myself so often and find it hard to keep up.

Colin - to be honest I got very lucky. I basically bought the wrong mark of Mossie by not doing my research properly and in trying to rescue it stumbled across LP, for which there is a lot of material available. The icing on the cake though was the squadron's post war history. I do not remember stumbling across during my initial research a couple of years ago and so finding it just after I started the build was a real bonus.

Thanks again.

Andrew

Last edited:

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Very well put together thread info.

The models are well put together too!

In fact, a very nice presentation all round

Nice one Andrew. :thumb2:

adt70hk

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Very well put together thread info.

The models are well put together too!

In fact, a very nice presentation all round

Nice one Andrew. :thumb2:
Ron

Thank you very much indeed. I'm glad you like it and coming from someone of your calibre is very much appreciated.

Given the nature of this thread/collection and the history behind it, I think I'm going to try do the same/similar for future builds wherever possible.

Thanks again.

Andrew

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Really informative history Andrew, does add to the build for the viewer.
Great work all-round .
The Committee here at Race Towers were also suitably impressed and have great pleasure in awarding you,
2020DB.jpg
Congratulations Andrew .

adt70hk

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Really informative history Andrew, does add to the build for the viewer.
Great work all-round .
The Committee here at Race Towers were also suitably impressed and have great pleasure in awarding you,
View attachment 474347
Congratulations Andrew .
Thank you so very much John!

The history does add a certain something and I'm glad you like it!! I suspect there won't be many builds in the future where there is so much info available info on what is such a relatively little known subject, compared to the likes of more famous planes e.g. those involved in the Dams raid.

Thanks again.

 Andrew