The Seasons Challenge...Ron's Winter.

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
At the minute I'm shuffling around at home still sore from last Saturday's kissing the gravel road and I'm in a foul mood, bored stiff - in more ways than one. My wife tells me I have a face like a Bulldog licking wee off a nettle!

So to keep my sanity, I've had a go at Polux's 6" X 4" Seasons Challenge. I already had the kits made up in a box, so I made a simple base from a small polystyrene food tray, painted it white, added some rubble and snow. Placed the Pak 40, sat the figures on some boxes and added a 'Russian' snowman.

The figures I originally re-sculpted into their discussion pose. They are wearing 'sheets' which I made from toilet paper. The gun cammo. and breach cover are made from the same stuff.

So here it it....

"Will you two stop arguing and get over here to help me position the gun!"

View attachment 117110

View attachment 117111

View attachment 117112

View attachment 117115

View attachment 117116

View attachment 117117

View attachment 117118

View attachment 117119

Just a bit of fun to keep me occupied, so go easy eh?.....and if it's in the wrong forum section, can Polux move it to the correct place please?

Cheers,

Ron

PAK 40 an argument 027.jpg

PAK 40 an argument 024.jpg

PAK 40 an argument 009.jpg

PAK 40 an argument 034.jpg

PAK 40 an argument 030.jpg

PAK 40 an argument 025.jpg

PAK 40 an argument 001.jpg

PAK 40 an argument 012.jpg

T

Tibbs

You have a great eye.... Never over or under done, brilliant..... And the snowman is a great touch.... Another top drawer job

P

Polux

Ha, ha!!! Brilliant Ron!!!

I love it ;) and I'm really happy that you join in, almost on the winter one!!

But I see a problem....They finally help!!?? You don't tell us the complet story :D

Ps: you posted in the correct place!!

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Thanks for your excellent post, Amos.

\ said:
But I see a problem....They finally help!!?? You don't tell us the complet story :D
Polux, the snowman is really one of 310,000 Russian midgets in disguise. They have been specially chosen to infiltrate the German lines during the snowfalls. Once the two gunners get up and walk away, he will spring into action, grab the rifle leaning against the boxes and Bang, Bang, Bang.....No gunners!

Last edited by a moderator:

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
I like it Ron, a very human touch. The snowman, the men, bickering or are they just in deep conversation about home? The frustration of the other man coupled with the fact it looks cold!

Great simple piece that says so much. Great work Ron.

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Cool I'm putting the finishing touches to a winter dio if I can just stick it in there that's cool :smiling3:

Ps Ron that's really good and given me an idea :smiling3:

john i am

SMF Supporter
First Name
john
Great little dio Ron and great idea with the lol roll.

This one brings a smile as I find a number of elements amusing cheers mate and get well soon.

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Thanks boys, excellent posts.

Sorry to pile another quickie on to you all, but I have to do something to relieve the boredom of sitting around feeling sorry for myself!

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
You should fall off your bike more often Ron :D

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
Great little dio Ron,just brings a smile to the face seeing that show man,what a nice little touch, :D

and no sad story of a widowed woman, ;)

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
\ said:
Great little dio Ron,and no sad story of a widowed woman, ;)
Thanks Monica, I'm glad it made you smile, but just remember, when the midget springs into life there could well be three widows! :sad:

Only joking, he probably wouldn't be able to lift the rifle in the first place......

Last edited by a moderator:

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
\ said:
Thanks Monica, I'm glad it made you smile, but just remember, when the midget springs into life there could well be three widows! :sad: Only joking, he probably wouldn't be able to lift the rifle in the first place......
oh lol, :D

that's so funny I like it, :smiling3:

maybe no.pickup the guns,:rolleyes:

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Got a bit bored and threw something together ! Great work, however, the snowman. It looks like the sort of disguise Corporal Jones might have come up with. Cold steel you know Captain Mainwearing.......Cold steel.......

D

dougie

Great little piece, love the snowman haha . The tissue works great

T

tommy1drop

Cracking work Ron, you can almost feel the cold, really nice build and finish mate.

takeslousyphotos

No Tears Please. It's a Waste of Good Suffering.
First Name
Peter
Great idea Ron ........ and well put together using some basic materials. I like it a lot.