The Secret Trip.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
I second that. I think it will stand out to much in the (very nice) camouflage. It might also work as a rusty wreak in the shadows....

Ian M

C

CDW

I'd stick with grey to maintain the theme Polux.

Although I quite like Ian's idea of a rusty bike leaning against a wall or something.

P

Polux

Mmmm!

Nice idea Ian (and Colin)!!

A rusty bike under the wood stairs, for example....

Ok! Today I will go with the brush... let's see what happens ;)

Thanks guys!

Polux

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Just caught up on this one Polux great work mate, although you change you mind more times than the wife when she's getting ready to go out :smiling3:

P

Polux

\ said:
although you change you mind more times than the wife when she's getting ready to go out :smiling3:
Just wait.... I haven't finished it yet!!!!

:smiling3: :smiling3: :smiling3:

Dustbin

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Looking as good as ever Polux. How about grey undercoat with a yellow topcoat that is very badly worn and scuffed etc ?

P

Polux

Errhhh....how to explain... :eek:

I do a undercoat of iron color. Then I prepare all for a chipping effect (topcoat with grey colour). Seems all ok...but then happen an unexpected thing...I fall sleep waiting for the dry time !!! :eek: now is all dry, so don't want to do more colour coats.

I'm working with it now doing umbers and washes. Looks nice to me!

Thanks

S

Sky Raider

I don't know how you do it Polux but you do it good mate.

Cheers

Andy

First Name
Andy
Hi Polux,

I am so sorry, I thought I had posted on this build, but have just noticed I haven't, sorry...

Even though I hadn't posted, I have been following this build since you started it, it is looking fantastic...

Once again, so sorry...

Andy...

P

Polux

Not Andy!! Don't worry mate!!

Isn't an obligation posting on the threads!! How many ones I follow and not posting on them...

Thank you!!

Polux

Z

Ziper_it

Polux? Where are the photos of the progress? Hope you're not slowing down here ...

P

Polux

\ said:
Polux? Where are the photos of the progress? Hope you're not slowing down here ...
It's true...I take my time with this one ;)

Give me some days and will post the finished bike!

Thanks

PS: very important my friend... The

people who knows me, well...they know...!

When I say: "- give me two days". Be afraid :smiling3: :smiling3: :smiling3:

To me one day means a week, a week means a month and a month is a year.... Imagine a year? :eek: :smiling3:

Z

Ziper_it

... will take do long to add a dog? So i won't suggest it to you ;)

Francesco

P.S. we measure the time the same way

C

CDW

I personally don't mind waiting at all .... The end result is always very pleasing to the eye :smiling3: :smiling3: :smiling3:

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
This is going to be a monumental dio when/if you ever get it finished Polux lol. You just cannot seem to call a halt on this one, but I must admit, it is looking superb. Just one thing, don't forget to weather your copper piping to your street wall lamps, they would have been made from steel not copper.

Si:smiling3:

P

Polux

\ said:
This is going to be a monumental dio when/if you ever get it finished Polux lol. You just cannot seem to call a halt on this one, but I must admit, it is looking superb. Just one thing, don't forget to weather your copper piping to your street wall lamps, they would have been made from steel not copper.Si:smiling3:
Hi Si!!!

Well... my intention is finish it between this month and november...... Need to be free of any builds for Christmas! :smiling3: to think what will do the next year.... know I'm always changing my mind, but there are very good suggestions for the GBs 2014, just hope the people choice them :rolleyes:

Thank you very much for the advice Si. I leave this and other themes, like cables and lamps, for the last!!

Thanks again

Polux