The Smythe Meister's 1/35 Achilles

Airborne01

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
..."I'll bring my own Ginger nuts"?!!!.... Steve,this is a family show Sir!! ;)
.... You'll have to slum it with Chocolate Digestives like everyone else mate. :smiling3: ....
...oh,and welcome aboard. ;)
Thanks so much (I think!) - and I'm a very grey ex-brunette by the way! (PS: Choco-Digestives really are the Mutts Nuts!)
Steve

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
the detail is pretty good in my opinion.....
View attachment 472286
They’re certainly not bad, and those casting numbers are pretty nice. The chief problem is that the suspension pivots, as yours do at the moment, but not in the way the real one does :smiling3: Not an issue at all if you put the model on a flat surface, of course.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Seat at the front please Mr Smith , Cohan can sit with me, does he like Hobnobs ?

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Thanks so much (I think!) - and I'm a very grey ex-brunette by the way! (PS: Choco-Digestives really are the Mutts Nuts!)
Steve
Steve... You're not an "ex" anything mate.... admit it, you're now just GREY!! ;).... Yep,Choccy D's all the way for me.... polished off a packet of Dark chocolate ones only last night :smiling3:
They’re certainly not bad, and those casting numbers are pretty nice. The chief problem is that the suspension pivots, as yours do at the moment, but not in the way the real one does :smiling3: Not an issue at all if you put the model on a flat surface, of course.
Hi Jakko,must admit I did notice that with the wheel sets, luckily though,the Dio it's destined for has a level (ish) area just big enough for it :smiling3:
Coming along nicely Andy :thumb2:
Thanks So, good to see you back around again mate, what have you been up to? ;)
Can’t keep up with your projects but that’s a nice start to this one
HA!! Just the 2 projects on the go at any one time Mick,one AFV and one Aircraft.... Keeps things fresh going between the two :smiling3:
Looking good Andy, chair pulled up!
Thanks Graeme,make yourself comfy, with the open turret this may take a while longer than usual. ;)
Going well Andy
Cheers Bob,baby steps but all good so far ;)
Seat at the front please Mr Smith , Cohan can sit with me, does he like Hobnobs ?
Of course Sir.... Front and centre :smiling3: ...
as for Cohan and biscuits,put him on your shoulder and he'll watch EVERYTHING you do very attentively.... but the only thing he'll eat is Sliced, Spring Greens or a range of rather repulsive looking bugs ..... and you don't want those crawling around your shoulder!! ;)

ALL.... intend on getting the wheel sets,and lower hull,colourised and mucked up a bit today.
Until then,cheers for looking in. :smiling3:

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Nice start, Andy and an interesting subject.
I'll follow with interest (and with some pizza slices to support me...:hungry:)

Andrea
Oooops,crossed posts there Andy!
Welcome aboard :smiling3:
Pizza slices eh?... Now there's something that's not requested often ...
.... nice idea though... I'm sure we can rustle something up, I'll join you in a slice or two actually. ;)

Last edited:

langy71

SMF Supporter
First Name
Chris
Very nice Chris.... :smiling3:
....No pressure then!!! ;)
Mate, you'll smash it, This was way back when I got back in to modelling after a few years away, and didn't really know what i was doing..there's a few mistakes I can spot on this now.. seam line down the side of the barrel to start with.

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
So then, despite the fact that I should be doing my books at the moment,(I'm self employed,and time is rapidly running out!!)...
... I couldn't resist doing some more on this one ...
SORRY MR TAX MAN :smiling3: !!!...
IMG20230123193853.jpg
. ... As is usual for me, I've jumped ahead somewhat,and started some sub assemblies, not all completed yet, but on the way:smiling3: ...next...
IMG20230123194213.jpg
The snubbed nose end with some colour and initial streaking,next the sides, with paint,varnish,wash and wheels :smiling3: ....
IMG20230123194149.jpg
IMG20230123194104.jpg
Much more to do, obviously, but it's starting to take off,and a good base for what I want mefinks ;)
Cheers for looking in,
Andy

Attachments

• IMG20230123194149.jpg
    IMG20230123194149.jpg
    105.5 KB · Views: 1