The WWI group build...chat here.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Hello, just as I was thinking about it and thought I better do it before I forget, the Forum for the next GB; April - June is open. The subject as you all know is the first world war. Not just before or just after, but during.

So Feel free to 'register' your entry, post sprue shots, box art etc. But remember NO building until the First day of April. Try and get them finished by the last day of June.

Sorry guy, no recycled kits this time, so time to dig into the stash, raid the piggy bank, or short change the wifes house keeping. (then run).

Wheels, feet, tracks, horses, wings, hulls. every thing is welcome.

Ian M

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Hi Ian

Think I'll be joining this one, got a couple of kits that fit the bill nicely.

Hopefully building this alongside my Tiger 1 (which is a rather late entry for the Normandy GB!)

Cheers

P

B

Brickie

Well, I have an Eduard Weekend Nieuport 11 kit that I've been meaning to get around to, so assuming I find the time I'll hopefully join in on this one...

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Over a year ago, I got this View attachment 42463 And have been waiting for my skills to improve enough to build the thing. Well I still don't think I'm there yet, but too late, the wrapper is off and this will be my entry into the next group build.

Colin M..

View attachment 45803

IMG_0372.jpg

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
I'm stuck between an S.E.5 or a tank Just need to do a bit of home work.

Ian M

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
\ said:
Over a year ago, I got this View attachment 42463 And have been waiting for my skills to improve enough to build the thing. Well I still don't think I'm there yet, but too late, the wrapper is off and this will be my entry into the next group build.Colin M..
dont put yourself down colin, your skills are well up to this , and im sure its going to be a fantastic job . I think i might try and squeeze one in for this GB too, ive got a Toko 1/72 sopwith 1 1/2 strutter in the pile ,its either that or the revell 1/28 fokker Dr1 ,im not sure yet but whatever i choose hopefully i can do it in 3 months!! cheers tony

A

andygh

1/35 Emhar Whippet from me. Looking forward to all that mud :emo12:

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Thanks Tony,

The only problem I see with my choice is that there is so many chances to get it wrong !!

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Hi Colin

i'm sure you'll be absolutely fine with the kit. It also seems a very appropriate time to build it. I'll be joining the group with an aircraft build along with Tony so you won't be on your own. I suspect there will a fair few others too and with the colourful WW1 schemes this should make for quite a group of attractive looking models. And thst's not to forget those that choose the land or sea options - trench dios, lumbering tanks, dreadnoughts - bring it on!

See you in the GB

All the best

Paul

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Talking Of Dreadnoughts, I was looking at the Zvezda one in the hobby shop to day. I didn't buy it! Although built in 1906 HMS Dreadnought did not see action in the First World war as it spent most of the time in for a re-fit I think that it just made it out in the closing stages, but did not 'fire her guns in anger' under WWI.

I might just grab it anyway as it looks a lovely kit with very good detail. Maybe pay day.

Ian M