Tim’s 1/48 Eduard A6M2 Type 11 Zero

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Was sure that I commented on this last night!!:flushed:
As the guys have said,that looks excellent Tim, very realistic.... I really like that colour, quite unusual :thumb2:,
Going to be a winner this one :hugging-face:.
Thanks Andy. The colour is apparently based on the German RLM 02. Story is that the Germans supplied some Heinkel HE 112s to Japan, and they were supplied in RLM 02 for the Japanese to put thier own Camo colour on. The Japanese liked the RLM 02 colour and subsequently copied it for their aircraft.
It’s a great kit Andy. I’m very impressed with it.

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Thanks Andy. The colour is apparently based on the German RLM 02. Story is that the Germans supplied some Heinkel HE 112s to Japan, and they were supplied in RLM 02 for the Japanese to put thier own Camo colour on. The Japanese liked the RLM 02 colour and subsequently copied it for their aircraft.
It’s a great kit Andy. I’m very impressed with it.
Interesting stuff :thumb2: ,
Yep,these Eduard Profipack kits are rather special imho :cool:.

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Playing a huge ketchup here Tim. I didn't realize you were building this. Sorry Buddy...I really like pit and the details look great. I have to try the pre-shading thing sometime. It does show nicely through the top coat. BTW, did you remember to drill out the MG barrels? I can't tell from the pics Sir!!!!

Prost
Allen

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Playing a huge ketchup here Tim. I didn't realize you were building this. Sorry Buddy...I really like pit and the details look great. I have to try the pre-shading thing sometime. It does show nicely through the top coat. BTW, did you remember to drill out the MG barrels? I can't tell from the pics Sir!!!!

Prost
Allen
Cheers Allen. No worries on the late show, but don’t make a habit of it ;)
Preshading works best on light colours I’ve found. On dark colours it’s more effective to lighten the centre of the panels……
Didn’t need to drill the MG barrels, they were already moulded that way. First kit I’ve ever had with that sort of attention to detail…..