Tim’s Airfix 1/35 Austin K2/Y Ambulance .

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Hi all
Heeeerrres Katy……..
Well, I wasn’t going to join this one because I didn’t have anything in the stash……and then this leapt into my hand….

4CD7B98D-AAF8-4D6B-8E2B-257494AB31F7.jpeg

Instructions are standard Airfix these days…..here is an example…..
B5C690DF-9DDA-4F22-9DAC-630905D7224A.jpeg

Four schemes are included…….two Green ones, Europe 1944 and Home service 1944….both look very similar, and then there are two desert schemes….

53A8DB2B-BEA2-45B9-94B0-D55451D3900E.jpeg
Probably going for the sand scheme. The Caunter is very tempting, but masking may be problematic across all the lumps and bumps. We’ll see…….

Box with very clean looking sprues…
8A6DCCF5-C7EB-4678-B31B-4C758E5E2BD6.jpeg
….and I really like these….
4F020003-C044-4319-A2EE-C8548412C09A.jpeg
…because I hate rubber tyres….

A decal sheet which is basically big red crosses…..
08CD0376-F71B-4BFD-9637-FE7E50E7F2C5.jpeg

…and a first for me in an Airfix kit….a small etch sheet…
A6EE4924-1F5C-42F5-9AFE-6F7D860BE88E.jpeg

Right, now to read the instructions to see what I’ve let myself in for…..

cheers all
Tim

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Mr. Marlow goes wheels on us!!! Great looking kit Tim and you should have fun building it. I'm in for the ride, but hopefully, not in the back of it...Bring it on!!!...

Prost
Allen

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Welcome aboard Allen….I have done wheels before you know….I’ve posted two cars, a lorry, and a bike over the years…..

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Welcome aboard Allen….I have done wheels before you know….I’ve posted two cars, a lorry, and a bike over the years…..
Oh, I know Tim, but I was kind of hoping you would do a little scene with some lawn ornaments bearing a stretcher carrying a wounded lawn ornament off the battlefield...

Unfortunately, my box of band aids didn't qualify for this GB..................

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Just noticed something on the decal sheet that has made me smile a lot…..there are four paint schemes….but five (count them ) serial number sets……guess what the “spare” set is for!

Neil Merryweather

SMF Supporter
First Name
Neil
Just noticed something on the decal sheet that has made me smile a lot…..there are four paint schemes….but five (count them ) serial number sets……guess what the “spare” set is for!
Go on, Tim you KNOW it's the one you wanted to do all along!

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Good choice Tim. An iconic vehicle from a very well known film. I'm sure you'll enjoy it, these new Airfix kits are usually very nice. I was flicking through YouTube the other day and watched a video on this being built. I'm sorry but I can't remember who it was.

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
As soon as I saw the opening pics I just KNEW it would have to be an Alex version from you Tim !! ;)
I'll tag along too if you don't mind :smiling3:

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Good choice Tim. An iconic vehicle from a very well known film. I'm sure you'll enjoy it, these new Airfix kits are usually very nice. I was flicking through YouTube the other day and watched a video on this being built. I'm sorry but I can't remember who it was.
Hi Jim. I hope I will too. Lots of videos and reviews out there now, but I tend to ignore them to be honest. They are either fawning all over the manufacturers, probably hoping for another freeby to “review” or tear the kit to pieces over things that are minimal at best, or regarded as actual modelling by me. The only build reviews I would take note of are builds on this site, which are done by people I know and trust. No agendas on here, just honest modelling :thumb2:

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
As soon as I saw the opening pics I just KNEW it would have to be an Alex version from you Tim !! ;)
I'll tag along too if you don't mind :smiling3:
Absolutely don’t mind….the more the merrier. :thumb2: Yep, Alex it is…..in fact, if I could get a Heineken quart glass I would be very tempted to display her in it…..she won’t fit in a pint:sleeping2:

Edited because I got the lager wrong….it’s Carlesberg :flushed:

Last edited:

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Here’s why…..culmination of a superb film.
This scene makes me thirsty, and I don’t even like lager…….
PS, spot the continuity error…..

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Absolutely don’t mind….the more the merrier. :thumb2: Yep, Alex it is…..in fact, if I could get a Heineken quart glass I would be very tempted to display her in it…..she won’t fit in a pint:sleeping2:
..... Something like this Tim?..... A 2 Pint Tankard,would it fit in there?....
s-l500 (2) - Copy.jpg
On it`s side,the handle would stop it rolling away!!:tears-of-joy:.... There are a few on the bay that is evil:thinking:;)

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
..... Something like this Tim?..... A 2 Pint Tankard,would it fit in there?....
View attachment 471163
On it`s side,the handle would stop it rolling away!!:tears-of-joy:.... There are a few on the bay that is evil:thinking:;)
I’ll build her first, then see how big she really is…..and I made a schoolboy error here….should be Carlsberg…..

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Here’s why…..culmination of a superb film.
This scene makes me thirsty, and I don’t even like lager…….
PS, spot the continuity error…..
Maybe he dropped the fourth glass so needed a replacement when he got to that end of the queue?!!:thinking:

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
I’ll build her first, then see how big she really is…..and I made a schoolboy error here….should be Carlsberg…..
.... Yeah,just noticed that when watching the clip!:tears-of-joy:......
.... mind you,one fizzy Lager is the same as all the other fizzy Lagers if you ask me!!:poop: