tito neri

B

Bunkerbarge

Nice job Paul. I think I would find it very difficult to put my heart and soul into a model to pass on to someone else, even for a fair price.

Do you do this as a proffession or a means of making some money from your hobby?

A

artic-corsair

i'd would like to do a few now and then on the side ,as for the personal attachment ,not a problem , but i did get a little carried away with the detail, i managed to find pics of both tito neri and her sister algerina neri , the model is based on tito when she was based at milford haven under CORY, both tito and algerina are now in PUERTO LA CRUZ , the model has full robbe sound system , smoke system , water pump , bow thruster , full lighting inc wheelhouse and search lights, rotating radar, powerd by 12 volt 12amp gel cells , all operated by a robbe f14 navy transmiter, i was a little disapointed with the kit as some of the plastic mouldings were distorted ,some of the openings in the hull were out of line , these are factory machined , none of the internal frame work fitted properly, this is a very expensive kit too , all of the hand rails were replace with metal as they were all plastic , the mast took 2 days to build , all brass rod and tube , the customer bought the whole set up from westbourne models , he asked about the tito as a first model as he had NEVER built anything before , they told him that he could build it if he took his time , i've been modelling for 16 years and even i was pulling my hair out over some things ,and the customer admitted that he would never have built it, we've not had a very good customer support from westbourne as the sound system didn't work they ddin't want to know, robbe at hinkley also gave as hassle over sending the sound unit back to germany , and the twin stick navy trans is not really suitable for tito ,now this model is 1/33 scale is a meter long , weighs 18kgs and has cost the customer around £2,500 thats including my fee, i myself can not see that money in the model , for that amount he could have bought a 1.1 scale boat and gone up and down the thames .

B

Bunkerbarge

Interesting stuff. I particularly appreciate your thought on Westbourne.

Places who do not give good customer service in this day and age need to be brought to the attention of everyone so that we can avoid them. They do not have the right to a business as some of them seem to think and they shouldn't be allowed to get away with poor advice and poor back up.

I will not be bothering with Westbourne for supplies.

A

artic-corsair

the thing that got me was that we asked them to send back the sound system to robbe and they said because ian ( the customer ) lives in birmingham that he could take it there himself ? , when the he got to robbe they had ago at him for bring it back to him , the manager even walked of and said " talk to my secretary as you need an appointment to see me ", hows that for service.

B

Bunkerbarge

Absolutely disgracefull.

Everyone be aware this type of behaviour deserves to be boycot. The guy should not be in business.

F

fatboy999

Hi guys, I am also building the Tito Neri and am interested in how you mounted your electronic components. Does anyone have photos of the inside of your hulls? Thanks, Fatboy

A

alan2525

It always suprises me when I hear people getting such bad service regarding buying parts for models, returning goods etc. I've found most places I deal with you get really good service as most are owned or run by fellow enthusiasts who i would have thought would like to spread some of their knowledge and experience. Afterall modelling is supposed to be primarily a fun activity isn't it?

£2500 for a model boat though! Ouch!