Tora,Tora,Tora !! Andy's WWII Japanese Aircraft GB: Chat thread.

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
The more familiar aircraft are appearing, but there are also quite a few more obscure models around, like
az ann.jpg
Used in WWII until losses grew from increased enemy fighters numbers, but made it's debut in the Sino-Japanese war ( for the Chinese WWII started in 1937! ). Hunt around in the stashes, and see if you can find something really obscure!
Dave

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Still not sure what to build. I fancied an Aichi dive bomber but can’t seem to find one in 1/48…..a fairly big gap in the inventory really…..I’ll have to see if I can track down the Hasegawa one for reasonable money….

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Even looked at the bay Dave, but the only Hasegawa Aichis on there go for around forty…..quite a lot for an old moulding….pity because I fancied a dive bomber :sleeping2: However, there are quite a few Zeros around (Eduard released one) now so I’ll probably end up with one of them .

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Even looked at the bay Dave, but the only Hasegawa Aichis on there go for around forty…..quite a lot for an old moulding….pity because I fancied a dive bomber :sleeping2: However, there are quite a few Zeros around (Eduard released one) now so I’ll probably end up with one of them .
The Hien or "Tony" is a nice looking plane if you wanted to go for something other than a Zero Tim ;)
.... I know what you mean about the prices of the bomber type stuff...crazy money some of them!! :sad:

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
The Hien or "Tony" is a nice looking plane if you wanted to go for something other than a Zero Tim ;)
.... I know what you mean about the prices of the bomber type stuff...crazy money some of them!! :sad:
I’m keeping my eye on a couple of potential victims Andy….I’m sure I’ll come up with something…..

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
I'll be building this. It was a Christmas present this year.

View attachment 471954
Can't beat an Airfix plane Mike :smiling3:
The more familiar aircraft are appearing, but there are also quite a few more obscure models around, like
View attachment 471972
Used in WWII until losses grew from increased enemy fighters numbers, but made it's debut in the Sino-Japanese war ( for the Chinese WWII started in 1937! ). Hunt around in the stashes, and see if you can find something really obscure!
Dave
Interesting Dave, I've not seen one of those before :smiling3:

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
As I have a box of Zeros with the same title as the GB I'm going to have to build at least one of these.
Hmmm wondering does a dual boxing break the "one subject per thread rule"? If not I may do a tandem build.
(I'll need to buy paint.)
View attachment 471953
Sorry Karl,I was sure I'd answered you!! Can't see building both of em would be objectionable, however,as the box is entitled "Tora,Tora,Tora", shouldn't there be THREE of them?!!! ;)

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Nice one Andy :thumb2:

Didn’t put my name down initially as I only tend to build allied aircraft…..however I have been thinking of trying a Japanese aircraft build recently so I’m in :smiling:

Geoff.
Excellent Geoff :smiling3:
The more the merrier!! Don't forget to post up what you decide to build, even though the "off" is way in the future ;)

Ernie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Ernie
Have a couple of candidates for this all in 1/48; Tamiya N1K1 Rex, Wingsy Ki-51 Sonia, Hasegawa A6M2K Zero 2 seat trainer, AB&K Nakajima A2N2. And in 1/72 a 1/72 Kyushu Q1W1 Lorna. Plus a couple in 1/32 scale.
Oh, yeah, plus whatever else might find it’s way into the hoard betwix now and the start

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Have a couple of candidates for this all in 1/48; Tamiya N1K1 Rex, Wingsy Ki-51 Sonia, Hasegawa A6M2K Zero 2 seat trainer, AB&K Nakajima A2N2. And in 1/72 a 1/72 Kyushu Q1W1 Lorna. Plus a couple in 1/32 scale.
Oh, yeah, plus whatever else might find it’s way into the hoard betwix now and the start
Nice one Ernie. :smiling3:
... Be good to get someone from your side of the water taking part,..
.. you listening PaulE and Rick?!! ;)

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Yes......have been following this. Mostly frustrated as there is absolutely nothing available in 1-87 scale Japanese aircraft. Sorry, I can't join in on this but you simply can't build what don't exist.:confounded:
.... and there was me thinking you could do ANYTHING Rick !! ;)

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Last edited: