Tough job cleaning sand from your sprockets !

P

Polux

\ said:
P.s...... Is it diorama or a vignette.... Whats the difference?
It's my opinion, that not means is the correct one lol

A little base with a vehicle and figures, that express movement is a vignette for me.

A little base with a vehicle and grass (is the most used) is this....only a base :smiling3:

A big base with vehicles, figures (or not) buildings and other items is a diorama ;)

But remember, is only my opinion :D

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
\ said:
A well thought out scene...... Brilliantly executed, gonna chuck a ying yang at it.
DIOS are big vignettes are small o_O

C

Caledonia

A very dynamic dio. Alan, well done. Colours are great, and everyone looks as if they have a purpose, and not just figures randomly thrown in.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
You are quite correct Alan it is him, his right arm. It is one of the reasons I hate figures lol. No matter how much you clean them up.as soon as you have painted them you find a seam or mould line you missed!

The ejector pin mark is on the inside of the turret hatch cover...

Nether the less this is really good. You should be well chuffed.

Ian M

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Thanks guys vignettes are small dios are big , got it :smiling3:

\ said:
You are quite correct Alan it is him, his right arm. It is one of the reasons I hate figures lol. No matter how much you clean them up.as soon as you have painted them you find a seam or mould line you missed!
The ejector pin mark is on the inside of the turret hatch cover...

Nether the less this is really good. You should be well chuffed.

Ian M
Cheers ian , I have a habit of missing stuff no matter what build I do there is always one ejector mark one seem or a track upside down :D

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
Excellent,dio,Alan,real like the colors of the tank and base,and well weathered,and blended together, :D

like how you have picked up the wear and tear on the tank,

great work on the figures,i did pickup the same as Ian did,beside that your color and blending of the muscle tone

is great,and there turned out well,i real like them, ;)

if you dont mind me saying this is a little trick that i try to use with figuers,as some times no matter how much you sand

a seam lime it will still show,if you look at them there mostly were you will get the natural darkening in the body under

arm,the inside of leggs,so i use these lines as my guild for the dark areas,so dark underside to light on top,and this wil

help to hide that seam line if it dose show a little, :smiling3:

and by the way what ones are there i quite like them,?

L

Laurie

Very nice indeed Alan. Nice detail with the tank track on the ground.

Figures are first class very realistic.

Laurie

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Excellent job Alan , I envy anyone who can paint figures , I struggle with just the faces nevermind bare torsos!! The tank and base look great , although hes poking in the wrong place isnt he? Isnt a sprocket one of the cog like wheels? Tony

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
\ said:
A well thought out scene...... Brilliantly executed, gonna chuck a ying yang at it.
Diorama is when you cant stop going to the toilet and Vignette is what french people put on salads

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Cheers guys I'm glad you like it :smiling3:

\ said:
Excellent job Alan , I envy anyone who can paint figures , I struggle with just the faces nevermind bare torsos!! The tank and base look great , although hes poking in the wrong place isnt he? Isnt a sprocket one of the cog like wheels? Tony
No Tony they've somehow got a dog stuck in there

View attachment 104776

:D
image.jpg