Trident PzBeobachtungs Panther

Lee W

Rum before 10 makes you a pirate not an alcoholic
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Here is the kit, stripped down to its bare bones, note there is a 1 35 steel wheel and track for size comparison!
There isn't too many parts to the kit but it is a strain to the eyes... eye test is required for myself! :nerd:
Having done one of these kits before, I will say that they are easy to build even for its size and with sausage fingers! Space saving, definitely...
On looking at the kit, I can see there is a bit of flash to clear up and the usual clear up from cutting/ snipping away from the sprue and a few mold seams.
The tracks are basic and I mean basic! I'm not going to spend money on buying a/m bits, handles and things alike will be scratched from wire... wish me luck!

20230607_205639.jpg

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Glad to see you take another on. Hauler offers a couple brass PE upgrades for reasonable $. One gives you tracks (you must remove existing toy track ridges first). Another gives you hangars for spare track links, side skirts, three prong antenna, rear deck grilles, turret mortar, etc. I thought they were worth it.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
OK Lee, we're all here rootin' for you! :thumb2: Hope your peeps hold up!;);) and let the good times roll!!

Lee W

SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Glad to see you take another on. Hauler offers a couple brass PE upgrades for reasonable $. One gives you tracks (you must remove existing toy track ridges first). Another gives you hangars for spare track links, side skirts, three prong antenna, rear deck grilles, turret mortar, etc. I thought they were worth it.
Thanks Paul, I don't normally buy a/m stuff, only use included PE, Hauler prices seem alright, what's shipping?

OK Lee, we're all here rootin' for you! :thumb2: Hope your peeps hold up!;);) and let the good times roll!!
Thanks Rick, I'll try and do it justice

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
No clue for you Lee, depends where you buy it. USPS is around $4 from Small Scale Hobbies to me. YLHS, Panzerfaux or Reynaulds would likely be better for you.

Lee W

SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
No clue for you Lee, depends where you buy it. USPS is around $4 from Small Scale Hobbies to me. YLHS, Panzerfaux or Reynaulds would likely be better for you.
Thanks Paul, I've checked them out, Panzerfaux was giving me panzerfaust, YLHS is a high school and Reynaulds didn't have any a/m stuff and finally, they are all in the US... I looked mate

Lee W

SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Sorry, Panzerfux (of Germany) was the name & YourLocalHobbyShop was the acronym. I could try to buy it & put it in a Fathers day card & mail it that way if you want them.
That's sneaky... I like your thinking though! :tears-of-joy:
Thanks Paul but I'll leave it and build it OOB, with my own scratched bits, ta mate

Andy T

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
I viewed this earlier on my phone but had to wait until I got home to look on a bigger screen as I couldn't make anything out :nerd:

Lee W

SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
@scottie3158 welcome Paul
@Andy T Andy welcome, telescope is being built as we speak!
@minitnkr Paul, it does, I have abused that use many times!

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Ok Lee, I've made you an appointment at Spec Savers for next Wednesday @ 10:15, if you're not already blind by then Buddy. I'll try to follow this build, but my Opti only goes up to 3.5x. Please make your progress pics as large as possible...Thanks!!!...

Prost
Allen

Lee W

SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Ok Lee, I've made you an appointment at Spec Savers for next Wednesday @ 10:15, if you're not already blind by then Buddy. I'll try to follow this build, but my Opti only goes up to 3.5x. Please make your progress pics as large as possible...Thanks!!!...

Prost
Allen
Thanks Allen, I'll see what I can do.

I sense you're something of a masochist mate! Too small for my ancient peepers!
Steve
I've been called worse Steve and I understand mate but my guide dog will be doing the build!

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Pay them no mind Lee, they're just jealous cause they can't see past the end of their collective noses! ;) If one can build a convincing model in 1-87 scale one can do it in any larger scale.....the reverse however, is not always the case.:thumb2: