Trumpeter 1/35 C1 Ariete MBT

V

virtue66

Hello All and All hello. Welcome to another finished kit of the bird, although I might have to disappoint you guys as this finished piece is not a gundam but rather another of my favourite AFVs - a tank.

I was a little bit bummed out with working on gundams and most importantly, I was sick and tired of people letting their skills in modding their gundams get into their heads ( elitism and so no so forth) that I decided to get away from all those negativity and w

orked on this.

Well, more like re-worked on it cos I did this way back in my noobish days with pieces just slapped on and with some silly-full-of-brush-strokes-hand-painted camos and I have been dying to rework on it and now's the best time to do so.

Also, not to nit pick on my own kit, but I bloody well forgot to close the seams along the entire length of the bloody barrel ... darn it.. oh well....

This is a MBT (main battle tank) from the Italian army and the brand is Trumpeter and the scale is 1/35.

I used Tamiya paint for painting and shadings and MIG pigments and some artist pastels (chalk) to simulate the mud effect.

I have to say, for my first time every using pigments and putting in such weathering effects on AFV model, I did really good.

I would like to thank my two teachers whom I met on FB, Mr. Glenn Burford and Mr. Chris Bryan ( owner of http://www.modelmakerz.net/ ) for always answering my question regarding scale models and my good friend Miguel Escobar, who helped me with the feed back and Steve Woods ( again, a modeler I met on FB ) whose T-72 dio has helped me alot with this one.

So without further ado, I present to you , my master piece in scale modeling - Trumpeter 1/35 C1 Ariete MBT

I took quite a bit of photos showings exactly what I have done and how they look like -

Here is the link to the Muds and weathering I put on the wheels -

LINK - http://s1001.photobucket.com/albums/af133/hummingbird2012/C1%20Ariete/Ariete%20-%20Wheels/

And Here is the Link to the TOP views - to see the dust and shadings from top -

LINK - http://s1001.photobucket.com/albums/af133/hummingbird2012/C1%20Ariete/Ariete%20Top/

And here is the Link to the Close up views of the accessories of the tank -

LINK - http://s1001.photobucket.com/albums/af133/hummingbird2012/C1%20Ariete/Ariete%20-%20close%20ups/

I hope this beauty is to your liking. I haven't touched scale models for quite some times, it feels so thrilling to work on this and finish this with improved standards from 2 years ago..

Thank you all for reading. Stay Tuned for more.

D

dubster72

Very nice work, the shading is excellent & helps to vary the tonality of the model.

Nice detail in that kit, clearly a good one from Trumpeter.

Cheers

Patrick

M

mobear

now i like this better than the starwars thingy,looks like its been out on the range,very very nice work

mobear

Centurion3RTR

Fossil Raver
First Name
John
Some very nice work on the weathering there Gary, a big five from me mate.

Have fun, John

B

Bunkerbarge

Beautiful job there and if this is your first time with pigments you should be very pleased with yourself. The key to weathering is an understanding of how the effects are created in real life and I'm a great believer in trying to emulate this as much as possible with our modelling techniques. Your mud and weathering effects are excellent and clearly show an understanding of the subject.

V

virtue66

\ said:
Some very nice work on the weathering there Gary, a big five from me mate.Have fun, John
Thank you soo much for the generous five, John.. Appreciate it

\ said:
Very nice work Gary!I like it!

Regards

Polux
Thank you so much for liking it

\ said:
now i like this better than the starwars thingy,looks like its been out on the range,very very nice work mobear
Honestly, me too .. The AT-TE was a bit over done .. but hey, it was a fictional kit .. so I just went '' what the hell??'' .. :P .. good thing I did my fair share of research on the C1 .. Thank you

\ said:
Very nice work, the shading is excellent & helps to vary the tonality of the model.Nice detail in that kit, clearly a good one from Trumpeter.

Cheers

Patrick
Thank you very much ... The shading wasn't exactly my first time but the toning and different highlights IS .. Thank you

\ said:
Beautiful job there and if this is your first time with pigments you should be very pleased with yourself. The key to weathering is an understanding of how the effects are created in real life and I'm a great believer in trying to emulate this as much as possible with our modelling techniques. Your mud and weathering effects are excellent and clearly show an understanding of the subject.
Thank you Sir... Like I said, I had to do research and I think that's what I love about scale models ... recreating a realistic weathering is just thrilling

\ said:
five stars from me.
Thank you sooo much for the generous five stars

Thanks guys... Much Much apprecaited ...

Cheers,

Gary