Trumpeter 1/35 Waffenträger 88mm PAK 43

F

Fenlander

This will be the base for this build. Quite a simple one and mainly OOB with just a bit of rubble scatter. As you can see in the last picture, it sits quite nicely on it and I do like MiniArt buildings to use as a backdrop.

MiniArt%20Base-1.jpg

MiniArt%20Base-2.jpg

MiniArt%20Base-3.jpg

MiniArt%20Base-4.jpg

MiniArt%20Base-5.jpg

MiniArt%20Base-6.jpg

MiniArt%20Base-7.jpg

MiniArt%20Base-8.jpg

geegad

Can't cheat fate..
First Name
John
love the colour of this the red against the yellow shame its got to be weathered look forward to seeing that building getting done will truly be a quality dio

D

Deleted member 4539

The red primer looks good Graham.

Also a nice building to set the vehicle off nicely.

A challenge for you. Make the streetlamp working with a LED or whatever(if I were you I'd tell me to p%^& off) :D ;)

F

Fenlander

\ said:
love the colour of this the red against the yellow shame its got to be weathered look forward to seeing that building getting done will truly be a quality dio
The weathering will be subtle and blending rather than covering anything.

F

Fenlander

\ said:
The red primer looks good Graham.
Also a nice building to set the vehicle off nicely.

A challenge for you. Make the streetlamp working with a LED or whatever(if I were you I'd tell me to p%^& off) :D ;)
Bloody 'ell Ralph :eek: You will want a figure of Lili Marleen next ;)

Last edited:
First Name
Tommy
Looking great! And I do not think the ruin is to tall. The Waffenträger is big enough to compensate for that.

Tommy

D

Deleted member 4539

Ok Graham an honest assessment. :smiling3:

I don't know what the size of the real vehicle would be.

And maybe it is the camera angle playing trick's.

But the building and vehicle look like two completely different scales to me.The doorway looks to be about twice the size of the vehicle.

You know I'm not the type of person to belittle anything and nor am I doing that here. :smiling3: .

Here's hoping I am utterly wrong.

Ralph.

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
all looking so good Graham,I do like your patchy,coating,as they in the right spots,

were you would have darker spots ,so well done on that one,the dark flesh tone,

has worked well over the black as the red/brown,primer,as you also could,use

hull red for that,

I do like the,building,and as for the doorway,with,these,mini art ones,what I,do

is add in a small window,to reduce the high of the doorway down, ;)

First Name
Stuart
\ said:
This will be the base for this build. Quite a simple one and mainly OOB with just a bit of rubble scatter. As you can see in the last picture, it sits quite nicely on it and I do like MiniArt buildings to use as a backdrop.
View attachment 148483

View attachment 148484

View attachment 148485

View attachment 148486

View attachment 148487

View attachment 148488

View attachment 148489

View attachment 148490
\ said:
just an idea of the finished size, maybe a tad tall?
View attachment 148495
i am with Tommy I think it is all in proportion.

The building is going to bring the whole scene to life .

Sorry miss read what Tommy wrote.

Guess I still have a lot to learn ha

Last edited by a moderator:
D

dubster72

\ said:

But the building and vehicle look like two completely different scales to me.The doorway looks to be about twice the size of the vehicle.

You know I'm not the type of person to belittle anything and nor am I doing that here. :smiling3: .

Ralph.
That's why I've stopped using Miniart buildings, they're just too damn big! Put a 1/35 scale figure in the doorway & it's obvious.

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
This might help, boys and girl.....

The average external door is 6ft 8" X 2ft 8", so scale that up and you will get the correct door frame size. I agree with our learned members, these Miniart buildings are way too big in scale....

However, I'm sure Graham will make a great job of it - no matter what scale the thing is!

First Name
Stuart
One of my biggest worries is to spend a lot of time on a model for the scale to be out .

I know I am going make this mistake at some point soon .

It's a bit mind boggling at times for me

F

Fenlander

\ said:

Ralph.
You are quite right Ralph. I have said before that MiniArt do way over scale doors and windows. It doesn't help that they use a generic set of doors etc so every building has to have the same over scale doors. I have read on one forum that many of the continental buildings had large doors, larger than British and that is why they do it but I am not sold on that.

The doorway measures about 70mm which by my reckoning is around 8 feet high so would fit the large door theory on the grander town buildings and don't forget that the Waffenträger is not on its wheels and is a 38t chassis which is surprisingly small. That is why the gun looks so big. I will see what it looks like when it is completed :smiling3:

F

Fenlander

\ said:
One of my biggest worries is to spend a lot of time on a model for the scale to be out .
I know I am going make this mistake at some point soon .

It's a bit mind boggling at times for me
I am too old to spend what time I have left worrying about scale lol ;)

F

Fenlander

\ said:
This might help, boys and girl.....
The average external door is 6ft 8" X 2ft 8", so scale that up and you will get the correct door frame size. I agree with our learned members, these Miniart buildings are way too big in scale....

However, I'm sure Graham will make a great job of it - no matter what scale the thing is!
These are not standard doors though as they tend to reflect the grander houses and shops in the capital cities. However......... I have a cunning plan.......... :D

D

Deleted member 4539

\ said:
You are quite right Ralph. I have said before that MiniArt do way over scale doors and windows. It doesn't help that they use a generic set of doors etc so every building has to have the same over scale doors. I have read on one forum that many of the continental buildings had large doors, larger than British and that is why they do it but I am not sold on that.
The doorway measures about 70mm which by my reckoning is around 8 feet high so would fit the large door theory on the grander town buildings and don't forget that the Waffenträger is not on its wheels and is a 38t chassis which is surprisingly small. That is why the gun looks so big. I will see what it looks like when it is completed :smiling3:
Thanks for that explanation Graham.

And I know you will do a good job of it.

I know everything will looks so much better when painted:smiling3:

F

Fenlander

Cheers folks. I may..... MAY :oops: build in a wooden door frame with a panel top and a smaller door will result..... I may not :D

Anyway, the Waff has it's, hastily applied by the factory to get it out there, camo stripes. Not enough time or paint to do the gun so the keys were handed over to the crew as she is to go stop those pesky Russians.

Next stage will be to detail the gun, not a lot to do there. Then it's gloss coat, varnish, decals, varnish and weathering to blend it all together and soften the contrast. Oh, and those hundreds of indi link tracks :sad:

Waffentrager-47.jpg

Waffentrager-48.jpg

Waffentrager-49.jpg

L

liberator61

I've just read an article on achtungpanzer stating a waffentrager 88 was used during the battle of Berlin and later taken back to Russia for evaluation fineally ending up in Kubnika museum where its still on display,there's a couple of pictures as well.

F

Fenlander

\ said:
I've just read an article on achtungpanzer stating a waffentrager 88 was used during the battle of Berlin and later taken back to Russia for evaluation fineally ending up in Kubnika museum where its still on display,there's a couple of pictures as well.
Cheers Kevin. There were many proposed variants around the time, the one also available from Trumpeter shown in post #10 on page one of this thread did exist but is quite different to this one even though it has the same name. I would love to find a picture of this variant to show it was built. :smiling3: