Trumpeter 1/35 Waffenträger 88mm PAK 43

F

Fenlander

Calling this one done. I could mess about more with it but that would be heading towards messing it up. Great kit, fun to build as was the simple MiniArt building for a base.

It really feels good to get something moving off the bench and into the cabinet at last. Hope you like it.

Waffentrager-58.jpg

Waffentrager-59.jpg

Waffentrager-60.jpg

Waffentrager-61.jpg

N

noble

That is spot on Graham, the assault gun looks the business and that house is very well painted, if you don't mind a suggestion.... add some rubble around the street this will complete the picture, great work.

scott

F

Fenlander

Thanks Scott. I probably will when I have something suitable. Don't really have much diorama stuff laying around as I don't do them lol. This is something I will address. For now, it is one of my 'Scenic Bases' :D

A

Awins

\ said:
Calling this one done. I could mess about more with it but that would be heading towards messing it up. Great kit, fun to build as was the simple MiniArt building for a base.
It really feels good to get something moving off the bench and into the cabinet at last. Hope you like it.

View attachment 149922

View attachment 149923

View attachment 149924

View attachment 149925
Well presented Graham. I will give one of those buildings from Mini Art a go myself. Excellent work

F

Fenlander

Thanks Alan. MiniArt buildings a very much a 'Marmite' thing. They certainly don't build themselves but if you put the work in, you can get decent results. Before doing one I would advise going to the MiniArt site where they have some great tutorials on building them.

D

dubster72

That looks very nice Graham. A quality job all round, although I'd agree with Scott regarding the rubble etc in the street.

I've hacked bits from a brick & slivers from a wooden stirrer as a cheap alternative to buying diorama materials.

F

Fenlander

\ said:
That looks very nice Graham. A quality job all round, although I'd agree with Scott regarding the rubble etc in the street.
I've hacked bits from a brick & slivers from a wooden stirrer as a cheap alternative to buying diorama materials.
Cheers Patrick. I will add some detritus later but I am not artistic, if I put bits of stick and cork on it, it would look like sticks and cork lol :D But yes, I do know it needs something else.

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Nice work Graham, I'm not an armour builder but that looks very good to me and I also like the base/ house it's there but doesn't take your eye away from the subject. Top work.

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
great work Graham,on the the 88,real like the camo,and the colors of it,and

very well done with the building also,do like this one,well done, :D

First Name
Stuart
\ said:

View attachment 149922

View attachment 149923

View attachment 149924

View attachment 149925
That is a great build Graham

The gun and ruin are painted very good and they go together well.

Mini art kits are not easy to put together in opinion but you have done a great job on this one.

Like it all great build

Stu

D

Doug Hughes

Looks really good, Graham - a slightly off-the-beaten-track subject and really nicely presented.

F

Fenlander

Thanks Stuart and Doug. It is too 'clean' but that can be rectified when I have the materials and skills.

D

Deleted member 4539

I love it Graham.

Great modelling skill's to produce something so simple yet effective.

Your paintwork on both the Waff and the building are top notch for me.

Keep up the good work. :smiling3: .

I hope Robert realizes I was joking about the colour of street lamps:D

F

Fenlander

Thanks Ralph but you are right, they were green lol

Last edited:

dave

SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
It looks good to me, I think the degree of weathering is a personal choice. It is also nice to see a less common subject.

F

Fenlander

\ said:
It looks good to me, I think the degree of weathering is a personal choice. It is also nice to see a less common subject.
Too true. However, in this case heavy weathering would not be appropriate as the were only 'in action' for a few weeks before Berlin fell so very dusty, yes. Rusty and muddy, probably not.