Trumpeter 1/350 Hood, my hoped for tribute.

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Well chaps 2 months on, some small progress. My apologies

The hawses on the Trumpeter Hood are awful. On the actual ship the stern anchor and the rear starboard anchor and chains had been removed.

I have also joined the HMS Hood Association a bargain £12 a yr, they are the experts and the website is superb!

20230814_120507.jpg
So I have drilled them out
20230902_194914.jpg
20230902_194856.jpg
They should almost be bath shaped with a hole for the anchor chains. So plan is to use milliput to make the correct hawses. Should be fun, never used it!

Added the nuts for the pedestals as well
20230902_194923.jpg
Hopefully not another two months!

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
For the tubes between the decks and hull sides where the anchor chains ran, the large Mac D's plastic straws had just the right size.
As for the milliput, equal parts and mix it together well. Shapes Well with tools wetted in water, cleans of with water as well.

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Hi
For the tubes between the decks and hull sides where the anchor chains ran, the large Mac D's plastic straws had just the right size.
As for the milliput, equal parts and mix it together well. Shapes Well with tools wetted in water, cleans of with water as well.
Thanks Ian, now I know you are a fan of Ronald??

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Hi

Thanks Ian, now I know you are a fan of Ronald??
Nah. prefer Burger King. They tast of something. lol
Just realised your build is 1/350th so they might be a bit big for you. lol The straws that is, not the burger.

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
YES BOYO great to see you back an yes take it easy on the build an more important enjoy the build ATB TO YOU BOTH AN YOUR MUM
chrisb an jen

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Great to see you working on this one again, BattleshipBob???...Okay, nice moniker choice, but what happens when you decide to build a cruiser, or maybe a destroyer???.......Will you have to change your name again???...Great progress Buddy and keep it coming.

Prost
Allen

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Great to see you working on this one again, BattleshipBob???...Okay, nice moniker choice, but what happens when you decide to build a cruiser, or maybe a destroyer???.......Will you have to change your name again???...Great progress Buddy and keep it coming.

Prost
Allen
NAH Allen he'll always be battleshipbob inn my opinion lol
chrisb